The future of the Elite League and its teams

Devilsatw

I’m watching the news right now nd I don’t love in Africa.
Parks must remain open.
Close families can now attend funerals
Cemeteries are now opening.

B and q by me has opened up today all be it with strict rules.
Chip shops etc also open by me.

If it was getting worse I could understand but I think it will be fine with in 2/3mths
When I say this I mean Britain

Rempel16

Parks must remain open.

If it was getting worse I could understand but I think it will be fine with in 2/3mths
And yet, a member of my partner's family (basically a childminder type person for the NHS), has just been told she's got to relocate into a hospital and become a healthcare assistant indefinitely.

But no, all will be well in 3 months....

Gough60

It's all going to go tits up and back to square 1, as soon as State Governors in the US start easing restrictions before it is safe to do so.
Trump is under pressure to start economy. There are going to be more deaths before it gets better.

doron

even if we had it under control ( and we dont )
we live in a connected world , all it takes is someone from abroad and we are off again ?

also, nobody wants money they don't want to touch it , more and more people are wearing masks around my area.

Earnie

When we eventually come out of this awful situation our world will have changed in so many ways and will not revert back as it was. As Doron mentions above , handling cash is just but one. Shaking hands will be another along with giving hugs. I am optimistic about another ice hockey season but with a late start. - like maybe October but I am only guessing!

kingmo19.1

Amazing how 1 infected person can result in over 2,000,000 positive cases within 3 months. Countries (and individuals) are too eager to ‘return to normal’ so want to relax measures. Imagine how it could explode again - this time without 1 person to trigger it but millions!

The only way to resolve is a coordinated worldwide lockdown with all countries working together roughly for a period of 2 months. It needs to reduce to 0 cases to revert to normal, 1 is too many!

BostonBart22

Not looking good at the moment due to peak now , hopefully vaccines will be the answer but that could be 15 months away and dont forget peeps scientists still not found vaccine for bird flu....be very surprised we will see any ice hockey until august 2021 as with other sports regarding social distancing and gatherings, hope i,m wrong but just cant see it..

Wannabe2

With my total optimistic head on, I can’t see any hockey happening before October, and to be honest that would be pretty neat. We all want to believe the end hopefully is in sight, but it’s just that HOPE, and reality is a far cry from hope. One thing is for sure, only time will tell even if you proclaim to have the knowledge, in the meantime stay safe.

pjj365

Parks must remain open.

Selective detail always helps an argument.

What about the debate - note not fact, not knowledge but debate - over whether to ease - not lift, not abolish but ease - restriction in May with a risk of a further peak vs reviewing to ease in June. Then a phased easing

You're welcome to be an optimist but at least watch all the news or even the HMG press conference and then not restrict your facts to those that only suit your disposition

RTfarty

Lol!! It’s bloody April guys end of may we will all be out of lockdown!! Your telling me then another 2/3 mths after we won’t be fine?? We will see
You realise COVID19 will still exist, even if lockdown is lifted? We aren't going to flip a switch and everything go back to normal. Social distancing will stay in place until a vaccine is found or we have some form of highly effective treatment. We certainly won't be piling into sports arenas/stadiums until either of those things happen.

Devilsatw

If everyone seems to know we won’t have hockey will they please tell devils office there’s no need for season ticket holders.
There’s no need for monthly payments,
So stop advertising this on Twitter.
Thanks

Wannabe2

If everyone seems to know we won’t have hockey will they please tell devils office there’s no need for season ticket holders.
Thanks
Nobody knows anything about when the hockey will start, and that means anyone. No one can say yes to season 20/21, and by the same token no one can say no to season 20/21. Only time will tell, yes we live in hope, as for supporting our club with buying season tickets why shouldn’t we, supporters are supposed to do just that support. We are in stormy waters at the moment, and need to pull together. Why the hell would supporters tell the Devils office there’s no need for season tickets, and no need for monthly payments that’s suicidal. This club need their fans as much as the fans need this club, thats Why we have survived for 34yrs people pulling together, you either feel that or you don’t. Stay Safe.

Devilsatw

Nobody knows anything about when the hockey will start, and that means anyone. No one can say yes to season 20/21, and by the same token no one can say no to season 20/21. Only time will tell, yes we live in hope, as for supporting our club with buying season tickets why shouldn’t we, supporters are supposed to do just that support. We are in stormy waters at the moment, and need to pull together. Why the hell would supporters tell the Devils office there’s no need for season tickets, and no need for monthly payments that’s suicidal. This club need their fans as much as the fans need this club, thats Why we have survived for 34yrs people pulling together, you either feel that or you don’t. Stay Safe.
They are taking monthly payments now until feb next year! What happens if there is no season? Will they refund 1000 plus people all that money?

Although I do think everything will be back to normal by then. That’s my oppinion

Surely all season tickets should be frozen until we know defiantly what’s happening

RTfarty

Thanks
Once again, you have missed the point entirely. We will have a hockey season at some point.. whether that is at some point this year, or 2021. The landscape may differ due to issues with recruitment and finance - but we will have hockey again. Those choosing to purchase season tickets are doing so with that in mind and to support the club through a very difficult financial time. It was your assumption that the world will be back to normal in 2/3 months and that the season will be underway as normal that everyone took issue with, which is delusional.

Devilsatw

Once again, you have missed the point entirely. We will have a hockey season at some point.. whether that is at some point this year, or 2021. The landscape may differ due to issues with recruitment and finance - but we will have hockey again. Those choosing to purchase season tickets are doing so with that in mind and to support the club through a very difficult financial time. It was your assumption that the world will be back to normal in 2/3 months and that the season will be underway as normal that everyone took issue with, which is delusional.
The first league game is usually September. We will be back to normal 100%

Just a few questions I thought I would ask you all