The future of the Elite League and its teams

pjj365

How will non contact hockey go down with Wannabe and other supporters of physical hockey as players will also have to say 2m apart?
Just imagine the puck skills which we would see. All games would be superb passing games. All players would need to wear 2 meter diameter crinoline style hoops to prevent contact.- bring it on!

Will players want or even be able to come over to UK from Canada, etc to play ? I can’t see the Hockey season restarting in August/September and unlike football with no major TV money , won’t be able to play in empty arenas unless FreeSports streams all games and season ticket holders get to see the games as part of their package ?

ASHIPP

The NHL authorities are waiting to see what happens with NBA decision in North America. Some California teams (San Jose Sharks, LA Kings) may not be able to play in their arenas until 2021. There is talk of their season starting later and going on into June 2021. In Europe, some countries are lifting lock down principles slowly, but no word of mass gatherings or sporting events.

Could we see UK sporting events be held behind closed doors, without spectators? Those events would need to be live streamed for a viewing audience. This is one idea already being discussed for Premier Football. Not sport as we know it.

Kevin roog

I think sport in general in the U.K. won’t start until after Xmas , the only exception is the “greed is good league”ie premier league who prioritises money over life, ie don’t want to refund the £750 million back to sky and Bt

Devilsatw

I can see lockdown being over by the end of may!
by the end of June we will be back to normal or end of July latest.. this will not carry on in to August September that’s a fact

kingmo19.1

by the end of June we will be back to normal or end of July latest.. this will not carry on in to August September that’s a fact
Bold factual statement to make - hope you are right! What are you basing this expert opinion on ???

doron

i think at the very least you will end up with compulsory face masks and gloves , at games this year if there is any games. and if there are reinfections of people that have already had it , (which have been reported ) then its going to be a long time. for normality to return , sorry to doom and gloom. but also people don't realize the bird flue was 4 years ago ( a type of Coronavirus ) and there still isn't any cure for it? hopefully because loads of global money being spent there will be a cure as it effects everyone on the planet.

august04

I don’t know how anyone can suggest we’ll be back to normal by July! I sincerely hope we are but I just can’t see it. I think we’ll all be wearing masks then, if we’re out and about as “normal” - but large gatherings may still be effected beyond the summer. I can see this impacting big time on any away travel for CHL games in August/September, if we’re playing at all at that time, which must be in doubt.

Last edited:

doron

Lol!! It’s bloody April guys end of may we will all be out of lockdown!! Your telling me then another 2/3 mths after we won’t be fine?? We will see
havent you been watching the news, its bad out there people are dying, if it get hold in indea and africa you can look out. the numbers are not going down in most places.