The Final Countdown

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
So it all comes down to this final weekend, and it couldn’t be much closer with Devils and Giants swopping first place on numerous occasions. So if we take a minimum of 3 points from our last 2 games the titles ours, whatever Giants do. It’s all in our hands now, and whoever takes it will deserve it. Hopefully that’s us and a achievement that’s never been done before, so come on lads play as you can, and there won’t be a problem, what a sport.
Happy Hockey Days.

Kevlar68

I like the thought that Giants finish their season before us, it gives us even more incentive of what we need to do after seeing Friday's result and it leaves Giants sweating on our results on the Sunday.

Earnie

What a season it has been . Devils chasing Giants , Giants chasing Devils , sadly just a two horse race. The Big Trophy is ours to loose which is better than the other way around. I firmly believe Devils will make it over the line safely.

Gough60

The Storm season will also end on Saturday. Blaze fate could be done by the time we play them on Sunday. Storm could already have made it to playoffs with 2 wins. Think Storm have more of a hunger to reach final 8 especially after Blaze played last night.

hip check

Exciting times just a shame there weren't more teams involved.
I believe we will do it and what an achievement that will be, history in the making.

tim78

I still wouldn't dismiss the Blaze even if there's no cup to play for, competing is just as important.

Giants have 2 challenging games, though I think they'll win as they are a very strong team.

All I can say for this season is WTF happened to the Panthers!

The_Puck

I think we will do it, but I’ve never been more nervous ahead of a weekend in my life. Belfast will have no problem against Fife tomorrow, but I can see Belfast losing to Dundee on Saturday. It’ll be Belfast’s 3rd game in 4 days, and it’s Dundee’s first game who need a win to stay in play off contention. What ever happens in those games though it doesn’t matter if we get 3 points this weekend.

Gazza272

Forget about anyone elses results, or what they may or may not need to do. We don't have to rely on anyone else, we need 3 points by hook or by crook. Such a big weekend, but we have to have faith in the guys in the locker room who have been in these big occasions and weekends before.

hip check

Forget about anyone elses results, or what they may or may not need to do. We don't have to rely on anyone else, we need 3 points by hook or by crook. Such a big weekend, but we have to have faith in the guys in the locker room who have been in these big occasions and weekends before.
I am by nature a cautious person but have a good feeling about this weekend, the boys know what's required and will be properly prepared I'm sure.
We have a team of winners and leaders and even though the pressure will be on it will also be on for Giants as well, whoever takes the title will have deserved it, both the Giants and ourselves have excellent squads..let the countdown begin.

Diablo3

TBH the same pressure is on Belfast as it is on us. Just like us they have been known to not turn up for the occasional game. I still believe our guys have got this.

Temme

Pressure is on us as it's ours to lose and *was* all but won, until we cracked against Dundee.
Belfast know that there's nothing they can do other than keep going, so i guess it'll work both ways.

It's the time of year where the form book goes out of the window, guys grip their sticks a little tighter, and there's nerves attached to absolutely everything.

BostonBart22

Beware blaze.. they had a ten minute spell in the 3rd period that had giants reeling.. if they play like that over 60 mins v devils it could be tight...very tight..

Devils86

I haven’t really had bad nerves until this afternoon - now I have to keep myself busy!

I know we all appreciate the MK fans and what they have gone through and the atmosphere they bring - but they don’t half annoy me when we need a nice calm W!

Just keep telling myself it’s in our hands and if we don’t get 3 points from the weekend then we don’t deserve to win the league.

But COME ON YOU DEVILS!

There are no easy games for us or Giants now but tbh I feel there’s more pressure on us - Giants can only go out and do their thing, there’s no expectation.

Times like this I am so glad we have Lordo bringing the boys back to The Process and keeping them focussed.

60mins performance on Saturday. Then focus on 60 mins Sunday.

Must turn up. Hard work. Quick start, no messing about, take our chances, no panicking. 2 matches, that’s all we focus on. Just 2 matches - not the league or anything else.

Wagstaff

Or more like Giants stopped playing?
I don’t think Giants stopped playing, but I also don’t think we have the depth to keep that level of play for a period let alone 60 mins. We are cold starters, hit us hard like the giants did from the puck drop and we will not be ready and the game is effectively yours

Ger-Devils

I don’t think Giants stopped playing, but I also don’t think we have the depth to keep that level of play for a period let alone 60 mins. We are cold starters, hit us hard like the giants did from the puck drop and we will not be ready and the game is effectively yours
I didn’t see any of the game I’m just assuming 5 up and coast?