The Devils Music

Thread starter #1
I was wondering if you people could help me compile myself some pre-hockey play lists and satisfy my general musical curiosity. I'm particularly interested in find out individuals players 'goal songs' (i hear they choose their own) and also some of the tracks the DJ plays for different scenarios and help naming some of the tunes the crowd really respond to.

To kick off i've identified:
Voth - Monster - The Automatic
Jay - American Boy - Estell

and things like:
fighting: I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs / Why cant we be friends - War (i think its their version)
opposition moaning: Green Day - Basket Case

then general things the crowd (and drummers) get into:
Foreigner - Cold as Ice
black eyed peas - I gotta feeling (game intro)

PS. I'd REALY like to know Max's music. I love it!

Not sure about these but...

Born in the USA when Hartwick scores
I think they also use Boom Boom Pow by Black Eye Peas and Here Comes the Boom when Max scores.

I think before every game this year we've heard Ignorance by Paramore and It's not the End of the World by Lost Prophets.

Fighting music - You Got to Fight for Your Right (to Party) by Beastie Boys

Bad ref decision / something stupid happening / for the drummers - Addams Family Theme tune

Kazakhstan for Max is the best though - I'm just gutted we usually only get to hear the first 10 seconds before play begins again :lol:

Also:
Stoney - Can't stop the rock - Apollo 440
Towey - I bet that you look good on the dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
G - "The Last Saskatchewan Pirate" - The Arrogant Worms
Stevie Lyle - "Somebody Save me" From (Remy Zero) Smallville and "Save me" Queen

If it help I know the one that the opposition enter to is called the 6th Gate - by DJ Devil. This was one I suggested last season and nice to see they put it on. Have a listen on you tube to the artist and track, wierd eary music;) also the sometimes play INXS- D.E.V.I.L. And gonna win;) enjoy. If you are putting a cd together let me know ill have one.

Thread starter #13
Thanks everyone.
For reference, my 'Devils Music' playlist is as follows:

Hell Yeah - Rev Theory
I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
Cold As Ice - Foreigner
Devil Inside - INXS
Blur - Song 2
American Boy - Estelle
Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
Monster - The Automatic
Kazakstan National Anthem - Borat
Can’t Stop the Rock - Apollo 440
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
Basket Case - Green Day
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
You gotta fight for your right to party - Beastie Boys
Why Cant We Be Friends - War
Save Me (Album Version) - Remy Zero
Save Me- Queen
Adams Family Theme Song

jimmy snels

ledgend777 said:
Not sure about these but...

Kazakhstan for Max is the best though - I'm just gutted we usually only get to hear the first 10 seconds before play begins again :lol:
its a pitty we only here it once a month really.........

Rempel16

In fairness to Max,

He scored 12 goals in his previous 8 home games prior to Boxing day.

Quite impressive streak i think. Just don't get me started on his away form!!!!

Russky

Merthyr Devil said:
Don't forget 'We're Gonna Win' by Bryan Adams. Something we hear at away matches too....for the other team. :lol:

Yes but they use it in the wrong context, where as we use it in the dying seconds of a game when the result of a Devils win is not in doubt!

A

Anonymous

A great song for a fight, especially if it was Vother Vs Campbell, or McMorrow would be "The Enemy" by "Godsmack" !!