Thank You

SteveKing

Thread starter #1
Devil fans,

On behalf of the King, Parker, Shostak and Hughes families I'd like to thank everyone for such a fantastic weekend and for the incredibly warm hospitality that has been given to all of us. We so enjoyed getting to know your beautiful city. What a perfect blend of old and new, big city and small town. We cannot wait to come back and spend more time in Cardiff.

And then there was the game experience! We totally recognize that a game against Hull would traditionally not be the biggest draw. Yet there you all were, decked out in red and the biggest BBT crowd in years. Then the ovation prior to the opening face off was absolutely incredible. I wish every person could experience a moment like that. Needless to say, the way the boys played was the cherry on top of a perfect evening and a perfect trip.

I absolutely loved meeting several of you. The kind words of appreciation and support show us that this was a tremendous decision to get involved with this team and this community. The topper was all of us receiving hand carved Welsh Love Spoons at the pre-game get together.

We took the players out for a pint (two maximum as per Mr. Kelman' strict orders!) and it was also great to listen to their stories on how much they're enjoying playing here, how well they are getting along as teammates and how much all of them want to be back next year. We are quickly becoming a destination of choice in the EIHL and that's exciting for all of us.

So thanks again to all of you. Despite our busy work and family schedules, we hope to be back as often as we can and most importantly...

GO DEVILS GO!!!

Steve

Kipper

Steve, the thanks is due to you and your partners for saving top level hockey in this city. The club was dying due to the ineptitude, arrogance and mismanagement of the previous regime.

You have given us stability, hope and most importantly our enjoyment of the game back. For that we thank you all

ASHIPP

Steve - the words 'thankyou' can't cover it for Devils' fans. What you and your partners have done for this Club is priceless. And TK, Franny and Andrew have pulled off close to a miracle in 4 months.

So glad you and your families had such a great time here and we hope to see you back at our humble shack soon. We will continue to show our gratitude and pride by rocking the place on every game night and supporting the on and off ice teams. Pride and credibility has been retored and we can now believe anything is possible.

DevilDom

As per the previous posters, the thanks should all be from us the fans for saving the Devils and bringing the joy back to hockey for so many.

It was brilliant to see how into the club you all and the lap of honour at the end of the game was fantastic and showed that owners who are "real fans" of hockey make a whole world of difference.

Jon

DevilDom said:
As per the previous posters, the thanks should all be from us the fans for saving the Devils and bringing the joy back to hockey for so many.

It was brilliant to see how into the club you all and the lap of honour at the end of the game was fantastic and showed that owners who are "real fans" of hockey make a whole world of difference.
+1 or +2240

Jon said:
DevilDom said:

+1 or +2240
It's been along time since I've seen so many smiling faces down at the BBT, so a big thank you to all of you, for restoring that. Thank goodness we have owners who understand the game and what it takes to entertain a crowd. It was also lovely to see some of the old fans returning last night for the first time in years.

d20

Hi Steve,

I spoke with you and Brian before the game in the stands after warm up, I came over to just thank you for what you 4 have done for this great club that had lost it's way which we all know why what I will say is you are genuine nice guys and above all hockey guys and that's what counts, the difference since you took over is incredible ,everybody walks into the rink now smiling and enjoying their hockey again, the enjoyment and atmosphere is back and we are loving it again as we see a team battling for each other and us the fans and we will back them as they don't give up it really is a joy and pleasure to have belief back in the club and that us down to YOU GUYS.
I hope you and your family and all of you have enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back, next year we have our new rink and this club will step up again,I can't wait for it to be finished j feel like kid waiting for Christmas , I guess the only thing we disagreed on was when I told you I was a leafs fan !!!!!

I'll bet a beer with you though this year on the leafs v flames whoevers team losses the games gets the round in next time your here , I have a feeling it could be me !!!!

I also have a photo of you and your boys at the game so mail me at dazz20@btinternet.com and I'll forward it on to you .

Anyway once again THANK YOU Steve from all of us and see you soon, have a safe flight back tomorrow .daz

Wannabe2

Who ever would have thought that it was going to take 4 CLASSY Canadian families to give us guys our club back, with a certain Mr Todd Kelman delivering us from evil. In 28 years of loving my club these guys are the brightest lights that have ever shone at the helm of our Great Club, you know when the chemistry is right, it's when the fans feed off the owners, the owners feed off the fans, and the team feed off the pair of them, it's certainly one awesome time to be a Devils fan. From myself and over 2,300 other Devil Disciples we thank you guys from the bottom of our hearts, our club is family to us lot, and it's now your family as well, so from Cousin to Cousin thank you so so much.hopefully we will see you guys sooner than later, in the meantime take good care of each other.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Kipper said:
Steve, the thanks is due to you and your partners for saving top level hockey in this city. The club was dying due to the ineptitude, arrogance and mismanagement of the previous regime.

You have given us stability, hope and most importantly our enjoyment of the game back. For that we thank you all
Steve, what Kipper says applies to so many of us so its a big thanks from me too

davew

Thanks to all of you for bringing back the excitement to our humble team.

This is one thanksgiving weekend that unites Calgary and Cardiff, and that shall not be forgotten for many years to come.

Enjoy the remainder of your long weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving 2014!!

wildthing74

You've made myself and lots of people I love as friends and family smile again and I can never thank your group and TK enough for that.

Always proud to be a Devil but now even more. It's a pleasure watching this team home and away and telling other fans about the great things that are happening.

WE ARE BACK BABY :)

KaneDevils

I have been a sports fan for many a moon, and a passionate one at that. I mean, if your going to do something you may as well do it properly. When I first became a Devils fan it was just, wow! I was hooked like a salmon. The sport of ice hockey blows me away as a whole and being a Devil is no exception. I couldn't accept what was happening under the old regime, not because I wanted to disbelieve anyone, it was more a case of not wanting to believe. I didn't want and bad doings going on at the club I follow and love. So yeah, for allowing me and my family the chance to continue following this great club, a big fat, juicy and very sincere thank you !! :D

I +1 what kipper says!
You have no idea how happy you have made so many of us, it is truly wonderful to see the smiles back on everyone's faces again and to hear and feel that buzz about the bbt, so many of us last season were lost, it was the worst feelings I have felt in our clubs history (losing the playoffs when we should have won was easier to bear than our last few years) you have given us all so much hope!
Thank you for saving our great club is simply not enough!
We will continue to thank you in every shout, cheer, clap and bang of the hand/puck on the plexi glass!
We ALL will be 100% behind this amazing team that Todd, Franny and Andrew have put together, I am sure with our passion for this club we will drive them forwards towards a very bright future for us all!
Nothing beats our hockey family!
Who Are We #RedArmy

drainage

Just back from Coventry where we out shouted and outplayed them ......and where every person had an absolute fabulous time !

The love for this team is back the passion is back and the team and owners know and are delivering ..... I thank you all for coming to our rescue and please don't be strangers there is always a welcome here for you !

I just want to echo everything that has been said above and also thank you for putting the smiles back onto the faces of my two sons and myself when we watch the team we love. It is through you and all the new owners together with Todd Kelman that we can start looking towards the future with positivity, excitement and the knowledge that we have a team that can challenge all others at our rink and bring home the points.

Thank You x

Koop11

Thank you to the new owners for giving life back to my hockey team. This has been the best feeling as a Devils fan for as long as I can remember. The future is very bright indeed. Its exciting for us all.

Ditto the 'Thank YOU' and 'You're welcome' comments.

I am glad Mr King got to benefit from the lack of working hand dryers during the period break - he kindly declined a hand-shake due to the fact he felt it inappropriate as he was still 'wet'!

Maybe red towels to wave around would have been more appropriate after all so we all have personal drying equipment!!

mazza03

A big thank you from me I really didn't want to renew my ST after last years debacle but was forced into it by my daughter ;) and thinking well that was a waste of money. Now I am one happy OAP and enjoying my hockey nights again.

Thank you so much. :Banana :Banana :Banana

Sheincar

There just aren't enough words to express my gratitude to these guys. For the first time ever I didn't renew my ST before the end of last season and up until the sale I was prepared to walk away rather than put any more money in. After the meeting in Reardon Smith I couldn't wait to buy my ST & have been smiling ever since. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from the club & us fans & we can now move forward full of optimism. So a huge thank you and hope to see you all again soon xx