Thank you Chris Culligan

ASHIPP

Wow - wasn't expecting that. Wishing Chris all the best in whatever he does and thank you for 3 years of terrific service to the Club. The absolute best two-way player in the league, slotted in seamlessly in any position - huge loss and will be sorely missed as a player and a person.

august04

Very disappointing news and definitely on my list of players who I wanted to return, but wish Culligan all the best in his retirement. He has served the Devils very well and will be missed.

Earnie

I am really sad to see him go. He was a gem and a valuable asset to our team. He will not be easy to replace.
Wherever you go Chris , I wish you good fortune.

BostonBart22

Wow - wasn't expecting that. Wishing Chris all the best in whatever he does and thank you for 3 years of terrific service to the Club. The absolute best two-way player in the league, slotted in seamlessly in any position - huge loss and will be sorely missed as a player and a person.
will be hard to replace, was looking forward to see him in net , the only position we didnt see him play, good luck culli...

SteveKing

Couldn't agree more on Culli. Just a fantastic team guy. The kind of "glue" guy that champions are made of. Centre, winger, dman, even gracefully agreeing to sit out every now and then when situations dictated.

We certainly expected Culli to be back and had already agreed on the terms but life happens and I'm ecstatic for Chris that he's found something that he's excited about as a career path. One of the frustrating but also charming parts of minor pro sports is that life after hockey is so much longer than life in hockey so things can change in a heartbeat when an opportunity comes up. Luckily we have lots of time and lots of great candidates to adjust our lineup.

This is why I got my jersey signed by the whole team last year and I'll be having it framed for my house. All of the guys that won us that triple crown will always be Devils. Good luck, Culli.

Samael

Please let that be a reference to Patrick Asselin.

The guy is pure class.

on topic; really sorry to see/hear Culligan is going, his versatility, professionalism and overall commitment to good of the club will be hard to replace. Nice to know he was signed though and his parting thanks are a great reflection on the guys who run the show here in little old Cardiff.

Last edited:

Koop11

Only good things to say about Mr Culligan. Reliable, versatile, big game player. He’s a big reason why we have had some much success in this new era. He does the simple things and goes very much unnoticed but I bet we notice he is not on the ice in the new season.

All the very best to Mr Culligan in his future endeavours. Always a Devil.

Devil94

I'm not convinced Steve's clue is Asselin. I think it's a play on words with the name of the player. Steve was very sneaky his clues last off season.... ;)

ASHIPP

' Picture'/'photo' have the same meaning. Azzy is very well travelled and takes photos wherever he goes. I am hoping this is a cheeky reference from Steve to our very own talented photographer, Patrick Asselin.

Think the return of this class act would make everyone very happy.

Devil94

' Picture'/'photo' have the same meaning. Azzy is very well travelled and takes photos wherever he goes. I am hoping this is a cheeky reference from Steve to our very own talented photographer, Patrick Asselin.

Think the return of this class act would make everyone very happy.
'Seems like he used to' is what makes me question that it's Asselin. Obviously I badly want Patrick to return, put I think Steve is giving us a clue about someone else....