Terrible service with Prem Sports.

tim78

Yep, not started well, 30mins of absolute tosh. Definitely not worth a monthly subscription at this rate. Adverts and repeated short football replays. And as I type first sign of hockey.

matbur

Subscribed, cancelled, re-subscribed for the last few years and have never an issue with Premier Sports.

They have covered loads of UK hockey games previously but coverage today was particularly poor. They went on air late so I think they may have had some technical difficulties. I certainly don't expect it to be this bad for future games.

Diablo3

They are a joke of an organisation and it's a travesty that they have the rights to the hockey and rugby. Totally amatuer production.
I'm not sure I would go that far. Who else would take it? I have to admit I was nearly at the point of throwing my PC out the window trying to start the stream. Thought there was something wrong with the subscription. It would help if they put a message on their web page to say they have issues and stop a lot of frustration. I think they need a clock plus penalty clock and scoreboard. Losing the feed with 2:30 to go in the third didn't help my blood pressure either.

All that being said, this was their first EIHL game so lets hope things improve.

matbur

They televised loads of EIHL games previously - it's not like they've never done a live hockey broadcast before. I'm not defending them but pretty sure they bad some technical difficulties tonight or perhaps they have changed their production company.

Thing to bear in mind is that they are our league sponsors, so for that alone maybe we should keep negativity minimal and make suggestive improvements, like the clock etc.. to make the relationship a happy and hopefully a long one.

Couple of open questions, would we be making the same comments if it was free to air, BBC or Freesports etc?, is it the fact we are paying for it / alleged issue with cancelling the subscription the issues that some are hung up about ?

Me, I'm thankful I can make the choice to view it and watch some hockey for the next season.

moggy#9

Thing to bear in mind is that they are our league sponsors, so for that alone maybe we should keep negativity minimal and make suggestive improvements, like the clock etc.. to make the relationship a happy and hopefully a long one.

Couple of open questions, would we be making the same comments if it was free to air, BBC or Freesports etc?, is it the fact we are paying for it / alleged issue with cancelling the subscription the issues that some are hung up about ?

Me, I'm thankful I can make the choice to view it and watch some hockey for the next season.
For me the situation deserves criticism no matter who was providing the coverage. The lack of an on screen clock and the dreadful camera work (not helped by the absurd number of logos on the ice), made the match, at times, very difficult to follow. None of this was helped either by the hot mic moment.

One positive though was the addition of caitlin in the coverage. I hope they use her more in the future, as her knowledge of junior hockey could be very enlightening wrt some of the players who have recently been playing in the junior leagues in North America.

Wannabe2

I think the mixer went down leaving only being able to use one camera, they then chose the wide angle camera afraid of missing some action, unfortunately that decision left viewers with very little to see, as the players looked like ants. If you can see the punters on your screen your pictures are too wide, and not being able to cut between cameras they chose that option, until they fixed the problem. Hopefully the graphics problem will be sorted.