Team GB

Pembo

Corey Neilson’s son is straight in from playing in junior straight into the world champs, while Ferrera stays at home seems a bit bizarre???

Overall solid side, shame about Kirk’s injury as he was different class last year. Really pleased to see so many Devils make line up. If Batch hadn’t been selected I’d have been outraged!

RedDevil17

No idea how Lachowicz is in ahead of Ferrara. Also don’t understand why Tetlow has been named in that team…Russell doesn’t have a clue.

kettdevil1

No idea how Lachowicz is in ahead of Ferrara. Also don’t understand why Tetlow has been named in that team…Russell doesn’t have a clue.
You are comparing apples and oranges surely? Ferrara is an out and out goalscorer - his backchecking is minimal but he does know where the net is. Lacko is a pure defensive forward - apart from a brief burst of goalscoring he has never been that sort of player but..... if you want a shut down forward then he is excellent.

A better comparison might be Ferrara and Waller?

moggy#9

Who would you take instead though? We are not blessed with an excess of D men..... the obvious next in line is Erhardt who has looked completely off the pace all season
Garside for a start. Interestingly ruopp is listed as a dual national, if he were eligible, of take a look at him.

kettdevil1

Garside for a start. Interestingly ruopp is listed as a dual national, if he were eligible, of take a look at him.
Ruopp would be an good choice but looking at his playing career, unless I am missing something, he would not be eligible.

Garside is a good shout but 1 goal in 50 games this season is the key stat. With Ferrara not picked I worry where the goals are coming from - setting aside the defensive issues with BOC, at least you get an offensive upside.

moggy#9

Ruopp would be an good choice but looking at his playing career, unless I am missing something, he would not be eligible.

Garside is a good shout but 1 goal in 50 games this season is the key stat. With Ferrara not picked I worry where the goals are coming from - setting aside the defensive issues with BOC, at least you get an offensive upside.
I'm quite comfortable with the idea of out and out defensive defensemen given the teams we'll be facing.