Team GB Freeview question.

With only an hour to go until FO, I wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice on how to watch it? I'm not particularly technical, so was relying on Freesports. However, when I've just checked, it's not on my TV (Freeview, and even after re-scan).
I have a tablet, and am able to screen mirror, so that could be best option. I think someone mentioned Premier SPorts ot Premier Player - are they showing it live? I assume there's a monthly subscription fee, but I'd probably do that for the Championships.
There's also the 'Filmon' link earlier in the thread - if it's on there, can somebody please tell me how to navigate to the game? Thanks!
Hopefully helpful for tonights game, but you need Freeview HD equipment to see Freesports, even though it's not HD itself. If you can get BBC Four and QVC in HD (channels 106 and 111) then you should get Freesports on 64 too. If you don't see it, find the 'Manual Scan' or 'Manual Tune' option on your TV and try scanning on 37 if you get BBC Wales or 35 if you get BBC West, and it might appear.

Premier Player is pretty good if you're watching on your tablet or laptop, but their Chromecasting to the TV can be a bit hit and miss (picture and sound out of sync sometimes, cutting out at random etc). If you want to give it a go use the promo code FIRSTMONTHFREE and you should be able to cancel if its no good for you without having to pay (check the small print though, not 100% sure).

Hopefully helpful for tonights game, but you need Freeview HD equipment to see Freesports, even though it's not HD itself. If you can get BBC Four and QVC in HD (channels 106 and 111) then you should get Freesports on 64 too. If you don't see it, find the 'Manual Scan' or 'Manual Tune' option on your TV and try scanning on 37 if you get BBC Wales or 35 if you get BBC West, and it might appear.

Premier Player is pretty good if you're watching on your tablet or laptop, but their Chromecasting to the TV can be a bit hit and miss (picture and sound out of sync sometimes, cutting out at random etc). If you want to give it a go use the promo code FIRSTMONTHFREE and you should be able to cancel if its no good for you without having to pay (check the small print though, not 100% sure).
Thank you for this - really appreciate your help, and this is exactly what I've done! After resorting to the BBC commentary yesterday, and picture will be a blessing!

Wagstaff

Thank you for this - really appreciate your help, and this is exactly what I've done! After resorting to the BBC commentary yesterday, and picture will be a blessing!
I will hid my hand up and say that I listened to the commentary on my phone as I have no access to freesports at the moment and the commentary Seth Bennett provides is much better than Aaron Murphy

Imp

For comparison, last year South Korea (ranked 21) played in more or less the same group as GB (ranked 22) this year ...

South Korea 2018:
Played 7, Won 0, OTW 0, OTL 0, L 7, GF 4, GA 48, GD -44, PTS 0
  1. 1-6 Germany ... GB 1-3 Germany
  2. 0-10 Canada ... GB 0-8 Canada
  3. 1-3 Denmark
  4. 1-13 USA
  5. 1-8 Finland
  6. 0-3 Norway ... GB vs Slovakia
  7. 0-5 Latvia ... GB vs France
I’ve no idea what it’s like for the players, but they must know that this tournament is going to hand any newly promoted team some absolutely brutal defeats.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

7x20+ goal scorers in the NHL, $65 million salary per year, as opposed to £550 k. Myself I think the lads did themselves proud, also 8-0 in hockey is fairly common, unlike 8-0 in football which is a real drubbing. Anyway that’s 2 games against top opposition out of the way, This is a huge stage for these young men,I think the lads will now settle and improve.