TAZ

Thread starter #1
Great to back winning again tonight. I just need to get this off my chest. Is The current taz doing his/her job? As mascot isn’t there job to get the crowd growing if there is a lull or atmosphere a bit flat. On Friday I didn’t even see him. When I do see him on match days he is wandering around aimlessly occasionally fistbumping. Where is the banging on the glass, getting the blocks to make noise. I know it’s a thankless task but if they are not doing there job, find someone who can

Diablo3

Sorry, but the Taz I see spends a lot of time with the young ones making sure they are enjoying the game, and yes even at my age I still fist bump him when he passes block 1. He's not at every game ( hence you didn't see him Friday) but I regularly see him thumping the glass as you put it. I think he does a great job. tbh I don't need Taz to encourage me to cheer the team on, but it's great to see hm around the arena.

zoesdevil

Sorry, but the Taz I see spends a lot of time with the young ones making sure they are enjoying the game, and yes even at my age I still fist bump him when he passes block 1. He's not at every game ( hence you didn't see him Friday) but I regularly see him thumping the glass as you put it. I think he does a great job. tbh I don't need Taz to encourage me to cheer the team on, but it's great to see hm around the arena.
Me too!!

d20

Worst mascot in the league ,aside from fist pumping with the kids which is great Taz doesn't doing anything during the game to get the crowd going which is what a mascot is for ,don't see the point of having him/her

RedDevil17

Give me Clangus over Taz any day of the week. A far better mascot. Only time Taz really makes a so called effort to ‘entertain’ is at the Playoffs. The organisation know the rink has been flat as of late, maybe we could bring in a better Taz someone who is actually going to get the crowd going a bit? Just a thought!

Swarley

If they'd let me get away with it I'd love to wear the mascot costume and entertain the crowd, done it a few times for comic conventions and never had a problem getting groups of people cheering or copying my stuff

Give me Clangus over Taz any day of the week. A far better mascot. Only time Taz really makes a so called effort to ‘entertain’ is at the Playoffs. The organisation know the rink has been flat as of late, maybe we could bring in a better Taz someone who is actually going to get the crowd going a bit? Just a thought!
Well of cause Clangus is easily the best, I think every team would have Clangus as there mascott.

Gaz G

We could just get rid of Taz altogether and have a clown?

Well, well,well, slagging off players and waiting in the wings ready to post hoping we would lose against the Storm, and now in desperation stakes it,s the mascots turn very sad to be honest. Oh by the way don,t replace Taz with a clown there’s enough of em who go down the arena and post crap on the forum !!!

Gazr76

Well personally I blame the train driver that takes me from Cardiff Central to Cogan on game nights. In my opinion he isnt doing enough!! He should stop the train at Cogan and leg it over to the arena.
Next step would be to have him run round the concourse, doing train impressions (honking his imaginary horn etc). This would pump the fans up!! Subsequently the Devils would win every game!!
Yeah it's all the train drivers fault.

No one is blaming Taz for the bad results. There are plenty of Threads and people on here moaning about how flat and quiet the Arena is on game nights, this is where the 'mascots' should be there getting everyone going, sadly this Taz is failing at this. Great at the fist bumps but that's it.

Kevlar68

I just think the rink looks a bit sterile with no identity which i feel creates a sterile environment/atmosphere, we now have what looks like a children's school art project on the wall by hospitality box and the bar feature wall design is more in honour of Coors beer than the Cardiff Devils.
Taz is but a bit part of the whole experience and he does his job.