Tatra Cup

Thread starter #3
Wow, what a great opportunity.

Thankful that the the lads can play games before the CHL, and gel one and off the ice with a nice little trip.
I agree. Nice to get a few games in before CHL and season. Very exciting few weeks ahead, very happy that hockey is coming back!
Can't wait for that first game back in the arena

moggy#9

This is excellent news. There isn't going to be anyone around to play in the UK, but we get excellent preparation for the chl. Given that the devils will have almost a month start on the rest of the eihl teams, hopefully they can get off to a flyer.

NathanG

I'm at work so I can't check properly. I don't think Brits can enter Slovakia by air but via land border is fine. So, fly to Krakow and bus it to Poprad

Devil94

Can't see any information online about if fans can go to the games, are there streams etc.

Crazy to think that these games are just over 3 weeks away. We're nearly there folks.

NathanG

Evening gents. No update from the Slovaks yet on whether fans can attend these games.

However, I've booked a flight. Luton to Krakow for £9. From there its a 2 hour train journey to Zakopane and then, the fun part... Its just over an hour to Poprad by taxi, 3 hours cycling or, around 12 hours on foot, over the Tatra mountains and the highest peak in Poland. Weather permitting, I'll opt for the latter.

Anyone want to join for this jolly? I'm not the arsehole I've shown myself to be on a previous thread. ;)

Ger-Devils

Evening gents. No update from the Slovaks yet on whether fans can attend these games.

However, I've booked a flight. Luton to Krakow for £9. From there its a 2 hour train journey to Zakopane and then, the fun part... Its just over an hour to Poprad by taxi, 3 hours cycling or, around 12 hours on foot, over the Tatra mountains and the highest peak in Poland. Weather permitting, I'll opt for the latter.

Anyone want to join for this jolly? I'm not the arsehole I've shown myself to be on a previous thread. ;)
Will you make the flight?
You’ve got previous for missing transport haven’t you?

NathanG

Will you make the flight?
You’ve got previous for missing transport haven’t you?
I have missed a few buses/trains/flights over the years. I'll stay off the beer in London the night before.

Hoping fans can actually attend but I'll probably end up going anyway tbh. Anything for an adventure

Ger-Devils

I have missed a few buses/trains/flights over the years. I'll stay off the beer in London the night before.

Hoping fans can actually attend but I'll probably end up going anyway tbh. Anything for an adventure
It was the Salzburg - Bern leg of the trip?

At least you made it eventually

NathanG

Anyone know what the deal is with fan attendance at sporting events in Slovakia?

I can't find anything online and I can't get a reply from Poprad via email or social media. Very frustrating.

Going off the leagues end of season play offs, there weren't fans in attendance until the last game of the season. I'm going by YouTube highlights. Infection rates since then are now lower so logically, there should be x amount of fans allowed to attend.

terry hunt

There is a Slovakian consul in Wales.I think he is a Cardiff solicitor.
Their main function is to help Slovakian nationals in Wales.
I am sure he could tell you what the current rules are.
Just look up Slovakian consul in Wales.

NathanG

Some good news this morning!

Poprads social media team got back to me and confirmed that fans will be allowed to attend the Tatra Cup games. At the moment, indoor sporting events is capped at 50% capacity. I'm awaiting more information regarding ticket packages.

This will be a good opportunity to see the new look Devils side!

moggy#9

Some good news this morning!

Poprads social media team got back to me and confirmed that fans will be allowed to attend the Tatra Cup games. At the moment, indoor sporting events is capped at 50% capacity. I'm awaiting more information regarding ticket packages.

This will be a good opportunity to see the new look Devils side!
Is there any news as to whether this will be available to stream?