Summit: Jerseys

Wannabe2

The crane is the symbol of our docks, they are still there I believe, representing the loading and unloading of one of the busiest ports in the UK.

pjj365

Just wondering, on the front of the black one, just above the 'O' in VIOLA there is some sort of crane ???

Unfortunately, not the greatest of positioning for that particular feature and does anyone know what it's meant to represent in the Cardiff Skyline ???
Have you seen the number of cranes over Cardiff!

zoesdevil

Ah apologies. I must have missed that. I see now. The individual letters are stitched as opposed to a stitched name bar. In that case I feel a little better about these now.
They are growing me.
Ye I do like them. I love what theyve done with the red in the name & numbers on black jersey.

matbur

Maybe it will take some time but I don't like the jerseys, the Peacocks branding looks oversized, especially on the home and away jerseys and those hoops on the arms? Hmm...

august04

The arms don’t look great with all the sponsors badges. For the screen printed jersey itself, I’d much prefer to have a “clean, fans” jersey, without any advertising. I get the need for the team to advertise sponsors but after forking out £60 or whatever it is, I’ve never particularly liked the thought of being a walking advertising billboard and paying for that privilege! Ad free jerseys would look fantastic for fans to wear and sponsors would be kept happy by the tv/media exposure of the team still wearing the ads on their shirts. Just a thought, it’ll never happen though!

voth26

Not a fan at all. The screen printing feels like we’re selling our soul. I hate screen printed jerseys. Totally a Euro league thing, totally a Steelers and Coventry thing. Should’ve stuck to a traditional stitched jersey.

The basic design on the white and red is actually quite nice. We’ve just had to switch to screen print because of the sheer amount of sponsors which ruins the overall design. It’s like a Christmas tree. The skyline on the black jersey looks like random shapes unless you’re standing a few feet away.
Think they've possibly gone with design of shirt because the shirts are lighter to wear, noticed Joey mentioned this in his chat. The normal shirts are quite thick and heavy

voth26

Or it’s because they are half the cost to produce and still sell for the same amount?

I mean those heavy stitched jerseys must be so heavy that the NHL have switched to screen printed as well? And a player in the owners house, with all of his Boss’s looking on is hardly going to say anything bad about it is he?
I get you don't like the shirts no issues with that everyone has different likes and dislikes but you don't play in the shirts the guys normally have and to suggest Joey is bending the truth shall we say is pretty cynical and to be honest disrespectful to Joey Martin.

Gospel

Ive had a look at the pics of the jerseys & i cant see any makers name or logo which seems a bit odd. Are they part rhino & its a trade secret? Giants were Kukri(i think), panties have Warrior & all others in the league, i think, are rhino.

Devils were the last to have the harder wearing jerseys & its a shame they’ve gone.

Safe to say i wont be buying any more gamers

Mooney#16

Corky has access to multiple suppliers across the globe. I very much doubt these are anything to do with Rhino. Having played in a multitude of jerseys over the years I can honestly say whilst the quality of Corky's shirts has always been top draw they are hugely heavy to wear and only get heavier through the game as they absorb moisture. They are also pretty warm and see you dump a lot of body fluid. If I were a Devils player I'd be thrilled at getting my hands of a more lightweight version. I think as evidenced when people say Devils are turning into a sanitised business and cash cow the truth it this is a club committed to winning. Sponsors on shirts. All revenue so couldn't care less. A jersey that some fans are sceptical of quality and might impact sales. If it helps the players perform bring it on. In some respects I'm glad Todd stands up to the fans on a number of these issues as it's that that keeps Devils returning winning hockey year on year when you look at the big picture.

Kevlar68

I'm sure there would have been a compromise between players opinion, quality and profit margin, at the end of the day its a business and you would always look for the best cost prices all round.

I visit many suppliers before i open my business and go with the best quality but at the lowest price supplier.I'm sure the Devils organisation would do the same.

d20

Ive seen the type of jersey this has been copied from and it is very nice ,light to wear they will look very good up close ,they are not like the rhino ones these are the best looking jerseys we have had in a long time,they may also work out cheaper to buy.

Temme

Black - Nice concept, probably my favourite of the 3.
White - One of the nicer away jerseys we've had in recent memory.
Red - looks like a Christmas jersey - Red and green do not mix well in my opinion.

I loved the full green jerseys that we did 2 years ago, just don't like the red/green mix.

Just my opinion of course, i'm not all that bothered with jerseys each year to tell you the truth,

Bazza

Do like the black one. I am sure none of the buildings shown on the skyline require permission to use, but hopefully if they do we already have it!