Stuuuuuuuu offered the 'C'

Finny

Personally I think a separate topic is right.

Would love to see Stuuuuu back and I think the way he plays the game would make him an excellent captain.

wildthing74

For me the second Finner left he was the obvious choice for the C.Everybody in the team respects him and a role model for any young player to watch and learn from.Would be very welcome by the fans as he is universally loved by all.
Come on Stuuu do the right thing.

I admit i wasn't 100%. Thought he might have been a bit too young maybe. But after reading Sir Tylor's interview with the inferno he became the obvious choice (along side Phil Hill, I'd probably add).

Fingers crossed.

Skippy

elliswf said:
topics talking about this i hope it gets locked
This is well worthy of its own topic, if it was just a rumour or there was no actual new information of the post went " I hope Stuuuuu is Captain / Back" then we'd probably be locking and deleting this for sure.

This is the first bit of news out in a while and its good news lets hope he says yes :D

Tad#

Re: Re: Stuuuuuuuu offered the 'C'

Ingramator said:
Mark666 said:
...also are we guessing the 2 ex players negotiating their return? Prpich?
Is one of those goin to be voth?
Hopefully not. He's past his best now. He just doesn't have the same effect on other teams like he use to. Time for a change I think. Hope you guys can keep Stu though. He's a good player.

Re: Re: Stuuuuuuuu offered the 'C'

Tad# said:
Ingramator said:
Mark666 said:
...also are we guessing the 2 ex players negotiating their return? Prpich?
Is one of those goin to be voth?
Hopefully not. He's past his best now. He just doesn't have the same effect on other teams like he use to. Time for a change I think. Hope you guys can keep Stu though. He's a good player.
I'd assumed by 'former players' they ment ones that had been Devils then played away and might now be coming back, but your right, could just as easily mean last years.
For the record I'd take Voth back. As long as he's not too expensive.

kettdevil1

Interesting tactic to go public with this offer before anything is signed. Looks to me as though G is either very confident in getting his man or it has been sent out to calm us all down. Either way, lets hope we get Stuuuu back.

The two ex-Devils are intriguing - I would agree that Prips is probably one of them (although isn't he negotiating with everyone?) How about Sawyer as the other one?

ooooo. Latulippe. How'd he do last year? I managed to miss the games (game?) he played down the tent last season i think and he had concussion issues for some of the season. Loved watching him in 09/10 tho.

Sawyer tweeted, apparently out of the blue, a couple of weeks ago that Cardiff was the best couple of months of his life... I'd be happy to see him back. 12 months maturer and more disciplined? ...with any luck.

kettdevil1

wildthing74 said:
No I would be happy if we moved on from Voth.Reffed out of the league so can't be as effective as he or G would want him to be.
In that case we really need a replacement, for me we are lacking a bit of an edge so far and that is not something Prips or Latullippe would offer (for all their irritant potential)

Foxy

Nothing story captaincy to a guy who hasnt even agreed to come back yet.
Although id love to see him back.

Pirps and jay as repalcements for Pelle, matzka, Tylor or Finner.......... thought we were going to be competitive!

James

Administrator
Foxy said:
Pirps and jay as repalcements for Pelle, matzka, Tylor or Finner.......... thought we were going to be competitive!
Remember Prps was our all time Elite top scorer till Pelle came along.

DevilDom

Foxy said:
Nothing story captaincy to a guy who hasnt even agreed to come back yet.
Although id love to see him back.

Given the lack of news on signings we needed something to come out and I'd rather it was official. At least we now know something and it would be a great boost if he said yes!

I agree Pirps and Jay would be going backwards from what we had last year, but in the right team and with a reduced budget they are still good players for this league. Besides, at the moment i'd settle for a team containing 10 imports and a rink to play out of!

Finny

I'd happily have Prps back as long as he wasn't replacing Max.

Latulippe - it would depend on what line he played. If it was first line then it would be a step back IMO, but if he was second line or even 3rd line (will Stu be on 2nd line maybe?) then I think it would be a good signing and presumably a cheap-ish one compared to last year.

kettdevil1

Finny said:
I'd happily have Prps back as long as he wasn't replacing Max.

Latulippe - it would depend on what line he played. If it was first line then it would be a step back IMO, but if he was second line or even 3rd line (will Stu be on 2nd line maybe?) then I think it would be a good signing and presumably a cheap-ish one compared to last year.
Interesting comment re:Max. I thought that he was secure for next year - does this suggest differently?