Storm Vs Devils - 15 Dec 18 - League

Diablo3

Have to say, it was so much better than last night. But moving on. Watching the stream you could just make out Mo going for the hit after the puck was gone, not much more, shame if he gets any further action. Also, no way was Louis the instigator of the fight right at the end. Shane Bakker was. Although Mark did get a few in :p

Ocko

Who thinks we could win the league with the players we already have? And if not, why not?
I think we can win it with the players we have, I also think we will.

But, we are often a terribly frustrating team to watch and our fan base hasn’t taken to them like in previous years.

As much as the world seemingly is all rainbows for you, other fans are entitled to not like what they see and on the whole I have to agree with them. We played very well tonight, but we are always a game away from a disaster. IAW isn’t the fun place it should be this season and there is no getting away from that, no matter how much you try and tell people how to think.

Ocko

I thought we were excellent tonight. We seemed to really get into our groove from P2 onwards. As if by some miracle we were also physical! Another great game for Fournier, he’s having some season.

OJLloyd

I think this team playing at their best wins this league. But as many have pointed out that will require us sorting out our apparent allergy to playing well at home.

Tonight there were still some niggles, but happy to see a lot of things put right, particularly the fact that Batch and Louis showed we aren’t a team to mess with. Louis nearly didn’t drop the gloves, but wasn’t going to stand there and get punched.

I will say that I think Mo’s hit, something quite unusual for him, and his reaction afterward (which you could hear quite clearly over the stream) shows that we aren’t the only ones who are a little frustrated with some of the form.

More hard work please.

Well I was only one goal out with my prediction.

I think I'll save my season ticket money next year and go to away games instead, the reports always sound much better and seems to be a lot more effort and fight from the team, for Christ sake Devils bring some of that to Viola next time out

Tad-cu

Great performance tonight, intense, positive, on the front foot throughout. Devils were chomping at the bit, buzzer went six times for them to leave warm up. They were ready and waiting to go on, long before Storm appeared for each of the three periods. They chased everything. Someone said we got going in the second but Bowns didn’t have a thing to do for the first eight minutes.
Fans were noisy and behind the team. Perhaps we are part of the home form problem. Like West Ham, our boys might enjoy playing away as the crowd are not on their backs.

jimmy snels

good to get a win.

interesting question rolf. people assuming they want to get away from the fans... perhaps its just the wives and girlfriends they need to be away from!

Hockeymad

Well done on the win boys as we all know the potential skill etc is there.
But it’s only there when you want to turn up,

Please turn up every game and we will be fine :)

mjh

Only one thing we need to win the league. Consistency. That’ll be the difference between us and Belfast. I feel Lord has proven himself time and time again the last few years. I’m optimistic about our chances but next couple of weeks are key. I will say I prefer a close run in to add to the excitement. Good to have strong rivals in the league. Time is now!

Consistency has been our main weapon the last few years and Lordo has always delivered a team to show this. I think he knows that for the first time in his coaching career he may have to make adjustments in players that has not be needed before. Seeing his reaction on Friday I believe he will if he feels it necessary, but only if he sees it as the only way to get us where he and us as fans want us to be. Guess its a wait and see on that one. So happy with the win last night and hope for a bit of Chridtmas magic from the boys!

Tad-cu

Only one thing we need to win the league. Consistency. That’ll be the difference between us and Belfast.
Belfast have lost league games to the Stars, Steelers and Clan in the last two weeks.
Hitting a sticky patch when flying is not just something that the Devils can do.