Storm Vs Devils - 11 Jan 20 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head back to Manchester this Saturday after a less than successful visit last week. Hopefully with a different result.

Wannabe2

Winning 1-0 after the first, god how boring is the `storm commentry I know the guy can’t help being a Manc, but jesus he could get bit by a tetsy fly and the tetsy fly would fall asleep.

jenks33

We should be at least 3 goals ahead. Some players are clearly lacking confidence in front of goal tho. I just can’t see us winning the league unless two or three of our forwards start chipping in offensively. We’re over reliant on Dixon, Pope, Haddad and the odd goal from the 4th line

Devilsatw

Been saying it for weeks Get a bloody forward who can score because linglet and benti are taking the piss out of us! They have had a free pass all year and scored 3 goals in combined 60 games!!!

Ow the hell are they still here

jenks33

Can’t fault the effort and it was a hard fought win. Still far more questions than answers though unfortunately. From back to front at the moment though it’s a bit of a struggle.

Wannabe2

2 points that’s all that matter, well played lads they took us apart last outing, but this is more like it, very close but champions do that.

Slartibartfast

Phew. Close game. Its tough to score against Ginn. He save 35 of the 37 shots. I thought we forechecked really well for the first 2 periods and dominated most of the game but we missed a lot of empty nets.
Can't help feel we miss a Doucet type player who picks up the scraps in front of net and buries it.
Still a wins a win and they deserved it.

jenks33

I watched the match on storm tv and as I said I was happy with the effort and it was a hard fought win. My concern is when I go through our roster and list the players that aren’t playing well or aren’t at their best.
Bowns
Fournier
Richie
Linglet
Benti
Riley
Marjamaki (although he has improved)
Martin (injured but has struggled by his lofty standards)

That’s just too many players for me in mid January. By this time of the season you’re hoping that pretty much your whole roster is firing.