Steelers .....

E.D.S.

That was us not so long ago and could be us again. We shouldn't be so short sighted.

Yeah whatever...... its bloody brilliant!!! Fingers crossed they miss the Play Offs. I love this game!!

E.D.S.

Are the Steelers still the most successful team in the game? I might have made that bit up but if it is true, how many trophies are we behind them? I assume it just takes into account league titles, playoffs and the league cup.

Milky

Are the Steelers still the most successful team in the game? I might have made that bit up but if it is true, how many trophies are we behind them? I assume it just takes into account league titles, playoffs and the league cup.
According to Wikipedia they have;

9 league titles
10 playoff titles
4 challenge cups
2 autumn cups

We have;

6 league titles
5 playoff titles
3 challenge cups
1 autumn cup

Hate to say it but we have a fair way to go yet.

Ocko

Our issue is we still have the ghost of Thommo’s recruitment.

Not even Barry Trotz could get results with our awful forwards.
I'm not sure you can lay the blame of recruitment at solely at Thommo's door - coaching yes, recruitment is by commitee. It's easy to blame the coach but the reality is you'll have Smith x2 and Simmsey with an awful lot of input. There are a number of people in your organisation making recruitment decisions, all of which, are still there. And isnt Thommo's record with the team prior to his departure very similar to Barrasso's?

I'm not sure you can lay the blame of recruitment at solely at Thommo's door - coaching yes, recruitment is by commitee. It's easy to blame the coach but the reality is you'll have Smith x2 and Simmsey with an awful lot of input. There are a number of people in your organisation making recruitment decisions, all of which, are still there. And isnt Thommo's record with the team prior to his departure very similar to Barrasso's?
Well whoever it was failed miserably! Della Rovere & Martinelli are glorified rec players.

Paul Sullivan

I'm reminded of a line used by Mr Simms at one of his 'evening's with' in a January / February event a few seasons back. He was talking about end of season awards nights and said Coventry had theirs in November.

Karma's a right bitch.

Kevin roog

He’s at least 90 per cent of why people hate the Steelers . Even though they are irrelevant this season. And now I said that they will beat us Wednesday

Wannabe2

If at the start of the season I said to you, come January we will be 23 pts ahead of Steelers with a game in hand, what would you have said.