Steelers vs Devils - League 26th Sept 21

jenks33

Thought we looked quite comfortable until the penalty on O’Connor and Sheffield scored on the PP. Just after that PP there was a clear trip on a devils player that wasn’t given and our bench, especially Franny were fuming. Very poor officiating

Rhyan48

That was piss poor to through that away like that ! Register try’s to do to much and is too slow to get back but not singling anyone out that wasn’t good

i really don't think we'll challenge sheffield or belfast as they have more strength in depth.our defence was shaky all game and i was'nt cofident we'de win even when we went 4-2 up.i think only having 13 imports with 2 being netminders is a huge mistake and will cost us points in the latter stages of games as our players tire.

Devil94

A gut punch to lose that.

But I thought we were good for 50 minutes of that game. Looking at the bigger picture, coming away from Sheffield with a point ain't half bad. On to next week.

ASHIPP

Ouch! How ironic Mosey scores against the Devils...
Never mind, lucky to get anything at the House of Rust so early on in the season. And
the Devils are slow burners every season so nothing new here.
Simms will already be predicting the League Champions!

The new roster limits are worrying if players become injured though. If, as suggested, we have a couple of players bashed up, playing shortbenched is a recipe for fatigue and potentially more injuries.

jenks33

The officials didn’t call a couple of clear penalties on the Steelers in the latter stages of that match but that’s to be expected away from home. Bottom line I don’t think we made enough smart decisions towards the end of that game.

moggy#9

The devils have given away what? 3, 4,5 two on one's? It seems to be a pattern for us.

I'm honestly struggling to see what Dupont brings to the team.

I get that we really missed McNally.

We need to improve our game management. No way that should have been anything but a devils win.

august04 2.0

DuPont is a big problem, we simply need more from him. This guy was signed to replace Joey Martin! He’s played enough now to be showing us something but I’m not seeing anything. He needs to buck his ideas up and quickly.

jenks33

The devils have given away what? 3, 4,5 two on one's? It seems to be a pattern for us.

I'm honestly struggling to see what Dupont brings to the team.

I get that we really missed McNally.

We need to improve our game management. No way that should have been anything but a devils win.
The amount of 2 on 1’s we gave up in the first 10 minutes of the game was ridiculous. We played well enough for large periods but we could easily have been a couple of goals down early on.