Steelers vs Devils - League 26th Sept 21

jenks33

What was booing O’Connor all about? Has he said anything controversial that I’ve missed? Or is it literally that he had a couple of average seasons for them, wasn’t really wanted by Fox so signed elsewhere? If it’s the latter that’s very poor. He gave a lot of good seasons to that club and his dad is still involved with the Steelers isn’t he? I bet Mike appreciated that…

Temme

What was booing O’Connor all about? Has he said anything controversial that I’ve missed? Or is it literally that he had a couple of average seasons for them, wasn’t really wanted by Fox so signed elsewhere? If it’s the latter that’s very poor. He gave a lot of good seasons to that club and his dad is still involved with the Steelers isn’t he? I bet Mike appreciated that…
I'm not really sure it's my place to say, but the information is in the public domain if you search through twitter.

I'm not really sure it's my place to say, but the information is in the public domain if you search through twitter.
Seems there's quite a few deleted tweets presumably from Steelers fans given the nature of following comments, rather unfortunate really that they'd treat an ex-player like that, where's the class in that?

jenks33

Still find the booing a bit odd. As if they’d care about what goes on in his private life if they were happy with his performances on the ice. I didn’t expect him to have a heroes welcome but the boos did surprise me

Wannabe2

Not many teams will come away with points from Sheffield, if that doughnut referees any more of their games, he was a disgrace, yes we made some mistakes which didn’t help but he was pathetic. Players not called for holding, then a blatant knocking the goal off its moorings from Phillips all totally ignored, you just know if Steelers are down by 2/3 goals at their gaff, the officials are going to do what they can to help.

moggy#9

Not many teams will come away with points from Sheffield, if that doughnut referees any more of their games, he was a disgrace, yes we made some mistakes which didn’t help but he was pathetic. Players not called for holding, then a blatant knocking the goal off its moorings from Phillips all totally ignored, you just know if Steelers are down by 2/3 goals at their gaff, the officials are going to do what they can to help.
I know that the job of refs isn't easy, but in these days of 4 pairs of eyes on the ice and video reviews, the net incident should have been noticed by someone. Also, why wasn't the devils bench questioning the non call.

Swarley

I know that the job of refs isn't easy, but in these days of 4 pairs of eyes on the ice and video reviews, the net incident should have been noticed by someone. Also, why wasn't the devils bench questioning the non call.
From what I saw the coach challenged it but was ignored by the officials, not much else he can do short of grabbing the muppet by the scruff and slapping some sense into him