steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head up to the (checks what its called this week) Utilita Arena in Sheffield to face the steelers in league action. A win would help keep us keep up with the pack, but steelers are looking like the team to beat this season.

moggy#9

I'm having trouble seeing anything but a hoard of gloating Steelers fans, and a mosey hat trick to rub salt in the wounds from this one.

kingmo19.1

I think we’ll beat Guildford on Saturday and I hope that’ll give the boys some confidence. If so, I think we’ll have a decent game in Sheffield. Not sure if we’ll win, but I think it’ll be close. 3-2 Steelers after o/t.

jenks33

Feels like a crucial game Sunday. I’m not saying the result is crucial but a positive performance is important. If we go up there, play poorly and get thumped I’m not sure where we go from there. Skalde said that practice hasn’t been a particularly nice place this week after a few home truths were said and he’s clearly expecting a reaction this weekend.

kettdevil1

Looking forward to this one. Frankly we should have beaten them last time we were up there but a poor penalty and poor game management at the end cost us. I get that they are looking good at the moment but I think our game might suit their rink.

osh

We all know that no team is unbeatable on any given night, let’s hope Sunday is our night to grab the win. Yes we should have come away with the win last time we were up there (poor game management cost us dearly in my opinion ) I’m also of the opinion that if we have a poor weekend, changes must happen to the roster, we can’t go on stating ( Skalde ) “we know where we have gone wrong and have addressed it In training etc “ and then see no improvement on the ice when it matters in front of fans. no pun intended, but our team are skating on thin ice at the moment !

matbur

Nothing to back this up, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Skalde decided to break the trend and start Taran Kozun again today.

Carruth is the obvious choice to start but Kozun is playing very well and for whatever reason, our better performances our coming with him in net. Gonna be one hell of a tough game regardless!

august04 2.0

Carruth must start for me, he’s our best netminder. Sheffield will be around that net causing chaos (and we know they’re not afraid to hit the goalies either), and he’s stronger in that area than Kozun. And he needs to have a blinder, to give us a chance of winning.