steelers Vs Devils - CC Semi - 23rd Feb 22

Wannabe2

What a great feeling waking up this morning and realising it’s all real, and not a dream, realising what we witnessed last night really did happen, and that our lads blew Steelers away like Storm Eunice. For any team to go into Sheffield and come out victorious is pretty rare,but to go into that cauldron and take the game by the scruff of the neck and to silence 7/8000 fans was a real sight to behold. Watching that game last night was like being a kid at Xmas opening 5 presents and getting exactly what you always wanted, the Chemistry in this team last night couldn’t have been better, we played every minute for each other and Steelers didn’t have a answer to it, we destroyed a very good team yesterday, and showed just how good we are when we play as we can. So thank you Devils will be watching it again later, can’t get this grin off my face. Happy Hockey Days.

Wannabe2

How Classless was that interview with Fox last night, not one word about how well Devils played, we only scored because of their mistakes. He is a good coach and recruiter but totally classless in defeat, think he is a knob myself. Then you get Skalde’s interview and it’s soaked in Class, giving praise to the opponents and summing up the evening, yes it’s easier when in victory, but come on step up and be a man, not a spoilt little brat in the schoolyard.

jenks33

How Classless was that interview with Fox last night, not one word about how well Devils played, we only scored because of their mistakes. He is a good coach and recruiter but totally classless in defeat, think he is a knob myself. Then you get Skalde’s interview and it’s soaked in Class, giving praise to the opponents and summing up the evening, yes it’s easier when in victory, but come on step up and be a man, not a spoilt little brat in the schoolyard.
I don’t mind him but he always mentions shots on goal in defeat. I think that’s fine in a tight contest but you don’t mention shots on goal in a 5-0 defeat. They were second best all night last night. He made a point of saying we only had 20 shots but we didn’t need to apply pressure after the first period. They only had 24 shots and they were chasing the game all night! Sheffield have certainly had more annoying coaches than him tho.

Devil94

Sounds like Mikkelson is playing hurt at the minute. His minutes got less and less during the game and I can't remember him playing in the 3rd at all once the game result was done. And then that video of Skalde in the locker room he points out Mikkelson and says "gutsy performance". How great that a 100 game NHLer is putting his body on the line for our club.
Hopefully he can be rested over the next weekend or two, and back ready for the final and play offs.

Wannabe2

I don’t mind him but he always mentions shots on goal in defeat. I think that’s fine in a tight contest but you don’t mention shots on goal in a 5-0 defeat. They were second best all night last night. He made a point of saying we only had 20 shots but we didn’t need to apply pressure after the first period. They only had 24 shots and they were chasing the game all night! Sheffield have certainly had more annoying coaches than him tho.
He,s still Classless LOL.

moggy#9

The Steelers always seems to attract coaches and players who lack class and humility. Not all their players and coaches are like that, but enough to make it noteworthy. It can't be comfortable for mosey, who always seems like a stand up guy.

BostonBart22

What a game. Each and every player gave their all and the result really did show that. The boys should be proud of themselves tonight.

Shout out to the travelling fans - we really could hear you loud and proud on the tv and you didn’t stop all night. Safe travels home.

Also - a classy post game interview by Skalde as ever - referring to the Steelers as a skilled hockey team. Sour grapes from Fox though who didn’t give any praise to the devils at all and referred to all our goals as their individual mistakes. I think they underestimated us!
Outfoxed by Skalde

BostonBart22

What a great feeling waking up this morning and realising it’s all real, and not a dream, realising what we witnessed last night really did happen, and that our lads blew Steelers away like Storm Eunice. For any team to go into Sheffield and come out victorious is pretty rare,but to go into that cauldron and take the game by the scruff of the neck and to silence 7/8000 fans was a real sight to behold. Watching that game last night was like being a kid at Xmas opening 5 presents and getting exactly what you always wanted, the Chemistry in this team last night couldn’t have been better, we played every minute for each other and Steelers didn’t have a answer to it, we destroyed a very good team yesterday, and showed just how good we are when we play as we can. So thank you Devils will be watching it again later, can’t get this grin off my face. Happy Hockey Days.
just over 5000 there, hard to believe at tenner a ticket..

Rempel16

Absolutely dominated that game from the get-go.

We won the neutral zone battles all night and Sheffield couldn’t cope with the pressure. On performances like that I can’t help feeling like they’ve robbed the title this year and if we’d gotten rid of O’Connor sooner (or not signed him at all) then we’d be ever so much closer.

Really enjoying the turnaround in form and entertainment levels, all credit to everyone involved.

E.D.S.

What a classless interview. Yes Sheffield made mistakes but you make mistakes when you’re under pressure, when you’re out thought and out coached. Show some humility.

I didn’t appreciate how good Reid’s goals were but watching them back they were pin point accuracy. Outstanding.

Interesting reading the Steelers comments, top of the league and coasting it and still not happy, they’ve seen a gradual decline in their performances week after week. This wasn’t a surprise to them or the ones I spoke to at the arena. To the outside they look like they are picking up wins and on course to a title but on the inside they aren’t happy. They want changes.

ASHIPP

Maybe a decline in Steelers' 'performance' but they are still winning league games, and still have games in hand so they must have been doing something right over the last few months.

Agree about the Fox interview. Understandable he would be angry and disappointed with team performance and result...but a classy person would acknowledge that the opposition played well.