steelers Vs Devils - 8 Mar 20 - Challenge Cup Final Spectacular

Wannabe2

Now I dislike Connolly with a passion, and not a fan of taking ex Steeler players, but he most certainly is a rink rat, probably King Rink Rat, and is certainly a character. The man without a doubt is some player, and I don’t think anyone is making their comments due to one spinoram, think their comments are more to do with some awesome figures like
played 53 for 73 points
played 58 for 65 points
played 48 for 55 points
So played 159 for 193 points
Now love him or hate him you can’t dismiss those figures.

I couldn’t give a monkeys to be fair. The challenge cup is a nice to have but it doesn’t float the boat. Here for the main course not the starter. As soon as Devils took the win Friday it was going to be a lot harder for them last night. No complaints here. Well done Sheffield. They have been too good not to win a trophy this year but if they could now peacefully step aside that would be good.

Gotta be fair I’m with Mooney on this, the CC is a side show. Just look at the ridiculous qualification to get to the knockout stage. With all the seemingly endless group games a team can get to the final by winning 4 games!
Would I have liked the Devils to win yesterday? Of course I would, but today I’m not bothered cos it’s back to the real business this week, the league!
In a few weeks time whoever wins the league and gets the CHL ticket won’t give a monkey’s about the CC.
We won by far the most important game on Friday.
And as to would I take Connolly at the Devils? No chance, I’ve seen enough of him over the last few seasons to form an opinion, he maybe a wind up merchant but he’s also not averse to taking cheap shots and he ain’t too careful with lumber either! No comparison with Sacratini in my opinion.

Kevlar68

Even though it's great to win trophies, for me from the beginning I've said it's the Caraboa Cup of the EIHL so not worried at all by the loss. Now the league is a different matter.

Mazzoak

Every Devils fan at the IAW wanted that win, at home, against Sheffield in a final. To suggest it does not matter is just sugar coating, a coping mechanism. The joy of winning, the atmosphere and recognition, for the work getting to the final took paid off and a chance for fans to celebrate.

We have lost momentum going forward, more confidence just got chipped off what little is left. The effort it took to win on Friday, to then loose that on Sunday, that’ll hurt in the changing room. Then there’s players having to work their balls off carrying those not performing, that takes some monumental character strength to continue over such a long period of time, personally l think that’s been a big issue in the changing room, I’d put our inconsistency down to that loss of control, players no longer willing to put everything on the ice every game, probably for less money, whilst others are being paid a lot more for so little effort. Was it some players giving the finger, just keep shooting pucks at the net, they all turned up Friday, then some decided the final, nah not bothering in that. For me maybe that is a possibilit, it does happen. Then there is Bowns, probably burnt out physical at the point in the season he needs to be on point. There are several chinks in the team, if others can’t capitalise on those, we may just get the league title.

Connolly in Cardiff, not a chance. Doesn’t fit the ethos of the club, he could have the skills of Crosby and still not get close to our changing room.

Last edited:
Who said franchise player, he's performed at three clubs point wise,I didn't say replace Martin or Dixon with him did i ? His points return are excellent, he'd entertain the fans as we've had a lot of sterile hockey this season. Now take a deep breath and go and give your head a wobble . It's my opinion on him which I'm entitled too,why have you not wrote anything about me saying lord wouldn't have him in cardiff or I'd take eberle over him ?

Rempel16

Who said franchise player, he's performed at three clubs point wise,I didn't say replace Martin or Dixon with him did i ? His points return are excellent, he'd entertain the fans as we've had a lot of sterile hockey this season. Now take a deep breath and go and give your head a wobble . It's my opinion on him which I'm entitled too,why have you not wrote anything about me saying lord wouldn't have him in cardiff or I'd take eberle over him ?
So you'd sign him as a third line centre? Can't imagine he's going to be too happy with that...

jenks33

no doubting his point production, but on the flip side he has been sacked by his last two teams speak volumes
He had 154 PIM’s during his season with Belfast. That’s just ridiculous. He’s not an enforcer or a 4th liner he’s a first line player that just can’t help giving selfish penalties away. I appreciate he’s always going to have relatively high PIM’s with his style of play but 154?! No wonder Keefe probably fell out with him.