steelers Vs Devils - 8 Mar 20 - Challenge Cup Final Spectacular

kingmo19.1

Great atmosphere - both sets of fans putting 100% into it. Disappointed with our performance, came out cold and 0-2 down almost immediately. It's not like Sheffield were great, but I think we gifted them 2 of the goals. From 0-3 it was always going to be tough, but I thought we were unlucky not to go in level at the end of the 2nd. It didn't quite happen for us in the 3rd and they deserved to win as they were a bit more clinical and direct. Back to the drawing board for a few of our defensemen in terms of just doing the basics well and not trying to overplay and get into trouble.

Wannabe2

it was nothing else but the net minding once again Bowns not strong enough witch I think has been the case all season long , that the difference with us and other teams this year they have good net minding and we don’t
‘Another new member who knows it all, bugger off and return to the stone you came out off

jenks33

As I said earlier I don’t blame Bowns for the defeat. Our sloppy passing in the first half of the game was the problem. I just don’t think he came up big when we needed him to though.
I think that’s slightly harsh on duba. I still don’t think he’s a great goalie but he showed great character tonight after his abysmal performance on Friday. Their D did protect him well but he still faced 45 shots

Wannabe2

Just re-watching the game on TV - he might be an obnoxious rat, but that was one hell of a play by Connolly on their second goal. We should have smashed him up early doors, he’s so important to them.
When your bossed by a few 2ft 6in dwarfs then you really are in trouble, out hustled and out muscled then you are big time in trouble/

moggy#9

The problem is bowns has no competition with his place in the team if hi signs next season we need an import goalie to make both work for a starting place
I've said for a long time that the time of a single goalie has gone in much the same way that the era of a player coach has. No goalie can be expected to play an 80 game season on his own.

ASHIPP

yeah I agree with the defence also but our net minding has been a shambles most of the season haven’t got a nettie we can rely on like other teams his heart don’t seem to be in it anymore so if that’s the case let him go and get someone who wants to wear a devils jersey
Really? Think the defensive tactics in general have been erratic this season.Very unfair to blame Bownsey for that. He has won countless games for this team over the seasons. The poor guy is overworked and probably exhausted with the triple pressures of domestic, national and CHL duty.

This level of workload is something that could and should be reviewed next season. What is the point of having a backup goalie who never plays competitive games to give the regular starter a much needed rest at appropriate times in the season?

Mazzoak

I bet Lordo rests so much easier on night’s like tonight knowing he can lean on the expertise of some people on this forum.
Course he does.

Right after the boss has rung to tell him its fine, it’s sport, those thousands of £’s you spent on players does not matter at all. It’s the taking part that counts etc etc.

E.D.S.

Totally out played tonight. I thought Connelly and Eberle were superb tonight. Annoying, physical and positionally brilliant. The better team won tonight. Frustratingly Connelly and Eberle played the same game on Friday but we dealt wit it and matched it. Tonight we got bosses around. Riley was good but Eberle got the better of him.
We were poor defensively tonight and struggled to exit outLr zone effectively. Credit to Sheffield’s high press and aggressive forecheck. it was tactically a great game by then.
You know we’re in trouble when our smallest and most gifted player (Joey M) is trying to bring a physical edge and lift the team. It just isn’t his role.
Disappointing first period set the tone for the game.
Unlucky boys. We go again and hopefully this acts as a catalyst to win the league.
Congrats Steelers.

Rich Best

You need to wake up and smell the coffee. You some kind of robot or what, we were awesome friday, and totally crap tonight, get a grip mate because you are in cuckoo land.
Cuckoo cuckoo.

I don't think you understand the game to be honest. We dominated. Duba was outstanding. I actually think in many ways our performance was better than Friday.

E.D.S.

yeah I agree with the defence also but our net minding has been a shambles most of the season haven’t got a nettie we can rely on like other teams his heart don’t seem to be in it anymore so if that’s the case let him go and get someone who wants to wear a devils jersey
Complete nonsense of a post

Diablo3

I'm not sure what game some of the posters on here were watching. The first was poor and the Steelers had it. The second we titled the ice and were unlucky not to score a few more. The third was fairly even. On another night we might have edged it given the shot count.

A few points I'm unclear on. If their player deliberately holds on to the puck under their body in an effort to run down the clock, I believe that is a penalty shot, not a 2 min penalty.
For them to be awarded a penalty shot, I thought the player had to have control of the puck and a clear scoring opportunity, didn't seem that way to me.

One thing I am clear on... Connolly is an arse, especially at the end of the game with his reaction to our fans. I wasn't impressed with the Steelers fans booing our players when they got on the ice either. We don't do that. Have some respect.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Tonight we were out hustled, and certainly out muscled by a team that wanted that game so much more than us, Friday we showed that when we want it big time we get it, but when we are pushed around by a bunch of munchkins then we are in trouble, lets not paper over this we were aweful tonight, yes we came back from a crap position that we put ourself into, and then returned into that same position. Steelers wanted it, it was in our barn, and they came they saw and they conquered. Chuffed with Fridays team, Cheesed off with what played tonight, beaten by a team that wanted it more than us at home, that’s unforgivable and I mean unforgivable.

Rich Best

Tonight we were out hustled, and certainly out muscled by a team that wanted that game so much more than us, Friday we showed that when we want it big time we get it, but when we are pushed around by a bunch of munchkins then we are in trouble, lets not paper over this we were aweful tonight, yes we came back from a crap position that we put ourself into, and then returned into that same position. Steelers wanted it, it was in our barn, and they came they saw and they conquered. Chuffed with Fridays team, Cheesed off with what played tonight, beaten by a team that wanted it more than us at home, that’s unforgivable and I mean unforgivable.
I think Devils can survive with one less fan so off you go, you don't need to forgive them!