steelers Vs Devils - 8 Mar 20 - Challenge Cup Final Spectacular

moggy#9

Devils getting caught out on predictable plays a few times in that period. Every time the devils were cycling the puck on the backhand around the o zone boards a steeler was following up to pick it up unopposed. Luckily things looked a lot better as the second went on. Sheffield are giving duba a lot more protection than on Friday.

Too little too late...couldn't of happened to a worse player (for all his commitment to the club) but that error from Ritchie has killed off our fightback!

moggy#9

Chickens truly came home to roost in that one. Terrible first period, predictable plays and a failure to play the physical game, not to mention awful defensive mistakes. Sheffield came with a plan and executed it. How many times does it have to be said you can't expect to win matches if you don't play 60 minutes.

ASHIPP

The Devils will be disappointed but must forget it quickly and move on.
They will have learnt from tonight... use that to focus completely on League and then Playoffs. Some more huge games coming up.

jenks33

Decent performance in the second half of the game but we left ourselves too much to do. Our passing was sloppy for large parts and I’ve got no complaints with the result.
No way am I blaming Bownsy for the loss but it goes without saying that Duba won the battle of the goalies. I just felt bownsy didn’t really make any big saves where as Duba probably had his best game of the season. Can’t say I’m devastated, as long as we win the league though!

Steveo86

Bullied by 3 players who are barely 5 ft. Connolly bossed the game from start to finish, he was hunting joey all night at one point he was going to drop the gloves , if that wasn’t the call for physicality then I don’t know what is

Rich Best

Chickens truly came home to roost in that one. Terrible first period, predictable plays and a failure to play the physical game, not to mention awful defensive mistakes. Sheffield came with a plan and executed it. How many times does it have to be said you can't expect to win matches if you don't play 60 minutes.
I don't think Sheffield came with a game plan of getting out shot 2 or even 3 to 1? I thought we were the better team but Duba was outstanding.

Jonesy83

Horrendous 1st period, 3-0 was always going to be nearly impossible to come back from, but at the end of the 2nd I thought we were unlucky not to be in front.

This game was won & lost with the netminding tonight for me.

Duba was the better of the 2 goalies on the ice....completely different player to that of Friday.

Great event, brilliant atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Now let’s take the league to make this loss a little less painful.

RedDevil17

I don't think Sheffield came with a game plan of getting out shot 2 or even 3 to 1? I thought we were the better team but Duba was outstanding.
Rubbish. Absolute rubbish, we weren’t the better team. Steelers deserved that 100%. Refs were terrible but let’s not use that as an excuse as to why we lost. We move on

mjh

Yep move on and go get the league. That's the big one for me. If I had to choose between the 3 main domestic competitions, I would take league every time. We need to nail it now to get over the disappointment. I'm confident we can do it.

moggy#9

Duba certainly got more help from his defence tonight. If you look at the shot map we were getting lots of shots in close, but Sheffield were getting to the loose pucks first. Yes we had a high shot count but we seemed to have trouble finding the corners.

Rhyan48

it was nothing else but the net minding once again Bowns not strong enough witch I think has been the case all season long , that the difference with us and other teams this year they have good net minding and we don’t