Steelers vs Devils - 30 Nov 19 - League

Yes Great info Imp. I do so miss Match Night Live.
Anyway excellent win.
Downside for me is that I am out of Last man Standing game on the first week. That will teach me to keep the faith.

moggy#9

A very welcome result, but one result doesn't mean consistency is back. We need more good performances to start boosting that goal difference.

Imp

I think the margins are fairly tight and ‘having the lead’ is a big thing this season. Couple of lucky breaks in there but Devils absolutely took full advantage and, to a large extent, you make your own luck.

A couple of wins strung together to turn a confidence boost into some genuine self-belief (that is strong enough to survive the inevitable knock-backs) and they should be good to go for the rest of the season. They’re better when they relax (a bit) and it’s a hell of a lot easier to relax when you have a three goal cushion.

Might seek out the promised Steelers TV commentator’s podcast. Sounds like it might be a good one.

august04

Looks like the forum meltdown will be on Steeltalk tonight!
I didn’t see the game so can’t comment on performance but it’s a great bounce back win tonight. Let’s hope it becomes the norm!

Diablo3

A very welcome result, but one result doesn't mean consistency is back. We need more good performances to start boosting that goal difference.
Just take the win. This season anyone can beat anyone. We are second 3 point behind the leaders with 4 games in hand. I'll take that.

voth26

So far so good.

Which for me is more concerning as every yr this is repeating, which means there is something wrong in the system, so who or what is present every yr.
No disrespect but you only seem to post negative comments, Jesus give the team a break. They won and you post Steelers didn't turn up so lt wasn't a competition!!

Last edited:

doron

well, ill eat my hat. didn't think it would turn out this way, good to see though.mind you. i think Sheffield underperformed though. but still a good performance by cardiff .and what about Belfast? they seem to be going into freefall, and Nottingham is creeping up quietly in the background. interesting times.

Two imports down, we go to the shed of tin and demolish the league leaders. The brits get more ice time and score 4 goals. Now they've proved what they can do given more icetime, why punish them tomorrow when the two imports taking lots of selfish penalties return. Let's give the brits the time they've earned and deserve. Well done to the players and coach on a fantastic win I didn't see that coming, same again tomorrow please in front of our own fantastic fans , wear the badge with pride

Finny

I'm not mad at the reffing because the game was over at 3-0. But it's pretty embarrassing tonight, I'm sure any Devils in attendance will agree . Brought a Czech friend who's studying here who's been brought up on Czech Extraliga, he can't believe what he's seeing from the stripes. Something has to change, I'm sure you guys have seen it first hand at IAW.
I’ve watched back the second period (which Simms, Fox etc complained about the most) and really can’t see what the problem with the officials was. If anything they let a lot of infractions from Sheffield go.

At 4-1 Fournier is cross-checked off the puck into the boards. Incredibly no call made. Myers quickly takes his place in front of goal. Gives the Steeler a shove who goes down like he’s been shot. Is it a penalty? Not convinced. Is it worse than on Fournier? Definitely not.
Steelers on PP. Dowd is caught napping and Martin steals puck off him and looks to break. Dowd is whining (no idea why) whilst another Steeler puts his stick between Martin’s legs to bring him down. Clear penalty.
Yet when the ref calls it the fans and players go nuts. Each penalty they draw sees the fans go mad yet replays show they were valid calls. The second tripping call initially looked poor but when you watch it back the guys skate trips Martin. It stops Martin breaking away and would have seen a defensive zone turnover. Ref has to call it.