Steelers Vs Devils - 16 Mar 19 - League

voth26

Can any one clarify something for me, I always thought a misconduct was 10 mins but I've noticed that a few misconduct pens are only called for 2 mins??

Samael

ffs.

Dissapointed, but not too surprised with that. As has been said many times forwards win games, defence wins leagues. Just a question of who's can handle the pressure now. Gutted we weren't able to keep a 100% record against the Yorks but c'est la vie.

voth26

Everything I've read says 10 mins. No idea what the 2min version is
Darnell has handed out a few misconduct pens in recent games in IAW and they've been 2mins, he gave one to king from the flames in our last game at home recently and it was 2 mins

BostonBart22

Darnell has handed out a few misconduct pens in recent games in IAW and they've been 2mins, he gave one to king from the flames in our last game at home recently and it was 2 mins
Think it was Matt rose that called that penalty...rose/Smith were refs that night if memory serves me right.

Rob Batch

How we never beat those clowns i do not know. Right up to the final seconds I thought we would do it. Looks like we have to take it out on Braeglow clan.

Rich Best

Some of the comments on this thread are shameful, but no surprise there. It is lucky our management team and players have calmer and more mature heads that most people on this forum. It is still in our hands, we have been the best team this year which is why we are in pole position. And we had 50 shots on goal away from home last night.

Gisland

From someone who was at the game tonight, we weren’t brilliant as we should be with 6 games to go, but we weren’t as bad as people are saying. How we only scored 2 goals in that final period I will never know. My only issue is why does every goalie play like their lives depend on it, only against us........
Whistle played the same way against Belfast.. He has some good games in him... He alone could be the key to the Steelers maybe taking the playoff cup.

august04

Some of the comments on this thread are shameful, but no surprise there. It is lucky our management team and players have calmer and more mature heads that most people on this forum. It is still in our hands, we have been the best team this year which is why we are in pole position. And we had 50 shots on goal away from home last night.
Have we really been the best team this year though? I would think Belfast have a better claim than us as things stand, which is all you can base such a comment on. We’re second in the league behind them (albeit with a game in hand), Belfast won the Challenge Cup, have just taken our conference title and were runners up in the Continental Cup. Frankly, it’s a bit arrogant to say we’re the best team given all that - and we’ve won nothing so far.

I gotta be fair, I’ve read and re-read this thread a I can’t find these “shameful “ comments. What I have seen are a number of posters who have aired their opinions on what was a very poor showing in Sheffield last night.
We all see things differently, however there cannot be any dispute that we had a very bad day at the office!
As far as I can see there was only 1 poster guilty of exaggeration and that was the guy who claimed that
if Bowns had faced 50 shots they’d have scored 15.
This isn’t true because based on Bowns stats last night it would’ve only been 10 or 11!!
Yes we had 50 shots last night and Whistle posted around .920 Sv % but 4 goals against this Sheffield team should be enough to win.
Last night we were POOR, tonight we have an opportunity to regain the top spot we lost last night.
We will now very probably have to win ALL our remaining games, so yes Rich it is still in our hands but
we are making it difficult for ourselves.
In a couple of weeks this season will be done, then the club will no doubt perform an autopsy because as good as we have been on the ice for the vast majority of the season, we have also had prolonged spells of inconsistency and underperforming.
Our next 10 game winning streak could start tonight!!

Kevin roog

I think we will need a few tweaks in the summer. Not much, just a couple, I think last years team would have it already wrapped up this years title by now. Where this years team are quite capable of losing at home to mk lightning and Dundee

Temme

Have we really been the best team this year though? I would think Belfast have a better claim than us as things stand, which is all you can base such a comment on. We’re second in the league behind them (albeit with a game in hand), Belfast won the Challenge Cup, have just taken our conference title and were runners up in the Continental Cup. Frankly, it’s a bit arrogant to say we’re the best team given all that - and we’ve won nothing so far.

One thing i will say, it's good for the league/neutral perspective to see another team putting together a roster as strong/stronger than ours.
Last year we finished some 10 points clear & the year before 7 points ahead.

This year looks like it will by fractions.

Diablo3

No I don't think its arrogant. Yes Belfast have been good this year, just as well or we would have won the title ages ago. But if you listen to the coaches of the other teams in the league they generally agree Cardiff Devils are the best team.

If Belfast go on to win the league, good luck to them they will have earned it, but then so will we.

Diablo3

I gotta be fair, I’ve read and re-read this thread a I can’t find these “shameful “ comments. What I have seen are a number of posters who have aired their opinions on what was a very poor showing in Sheffield last night.
We all see things differently, however there cannot be any dispute that we had a very bad day at the office!
As far as I can see there was only 1 poster guilty of exaggeration and that was the guy who claimed that
if Bowns had faced 50 shots they’d have scored 15.
This isn’t true because based on Bowns stats last night it would’ve only been 10 or 11!!
Yes we had 50 shots last night and Whistle posted around .920 Sv % but 4 goals against this Sheffield team should be enough to win.
Last night we were POOR, tonight we have an opportunity to regain the top spot we lost last night.
We will now very probably have to win ALL our remaining games, so yes Rich it is still in our hands but
we are making it difficult for ourselves.
In a couple of weeks this season will be done, then the club will no doubt perform an autopsy because as good as we have been on the ice for the vast majority of the season, we have also had prolonged spells of inconsistency and underperforming.
Our next 10 game winning streak could start tonight!!
Some of your post I agree with, but I can't agree that we were poor, Two of their players had great games, it happens. But on any other night we could have romped that game with a 50-24 shot count.