Steelers V Devils - Wed 31 Jan 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 1st Leg - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Watching on the webcast despite the score line we aren't playing awfully. Steelers very clinical and we are maybe guilty of not putting someone in front of moose more often. We dominated possession and zone time that period just couldn't capitalise...hate to agree though this could be the door shut on the challenge cup unless we can claw one or two back at a bare minimum.

Wannabe2

Seems like players play better when they are threatened with the sack, tonight we really are a shambles. Can’t put two passes together, and completely outplayed. Steelers 8 against Giants, 5 against us. Still it’s only the Challenge Cup, that’s a joke, although nothing funny about tonight.

tim78

Uh! From the game the Devils have been the more dominant team just not clinical enough and Shef's Moose is on form. Here's to a better 3rd Period.

Why do we keep passing to them, especially when we are on the power play, and now it’s 6-1. Love our team, but tonight we suck, we just ain’t at the races.
Never one to put a team down that I love, however, tonight they have been poor. Compete level is down compared to normal. The Coventry games must have taken it out of them

We don't want the cc this year anyways ;)
Let's hope we get atleast 2 points from two games this weekend I hope we don lose the both games to Belfast...

Steelers played very well. But my days. The Devils didn’t turn up. Instead of our aggressive forecheck and fast skating defence. We just seemed to stand around. Shame.

Wannabe2

Well that’s it lost 6-2, and I feel lost for words, well decent ones that is. In fairness I would have felt better if I lost a tenner out of my pocket, rather than have gave it to Sheffield for that. Our passing was non existing, it’s true we hit the post 3 times, but we sure were poor. Safe journey all.

Not good to see Louis limp off with the physio rather than go out for the handshakes.

Commentary mentioned him going off injured but we didn't see what happened. Anyone know?

Perhaps is time for Lordo to get back on the ice - he certainly leads by example in physical play.

ASHIPP

It is what it is. Steelers are compensating for the occassions they were defeated in the final and semi-final of this competition in the last few years.

Let's be brutally honest - Devils have struggled in the Cup competition this year. Got into the semi final by raising their game against Guildford. Steelers have cruised through all stages. And have been clinical and thoroughly prepared tonight.

No further analysis needed. Next week will be virtually a dead rubber game at the IAW. Move on and stay focussed on battling in the 3 remaining domestic titles/competitions.

Rich Best

God everyone's so negative!

I'm behind the team to turn this around. I think we were 3 goals up after the 1st last time Sheffield came to IAW. Please tell me why we can't do that again?

Come on folks get behind the team.

RedDevil17

God everyone's so negative!

I'm behind the team to turn this around. I think we were 3 goals up after the 1st last time Sheffield came to IAW. Please tell me why we can't do that again?

Come on folks get behind the team.
We’ve been been humiliated 6-2 with what sounds like a very bad performance. There are absolutely no positives to take from that. The pressure is on considering the final is in IAW so lots of tickets will need to be refunded for the final. How can you take positives from that loss?? Always good to be optimistic but it’s unlikely that we’ll turn this around

Last edited: