Steelers v Devils - Sun 11 Mar 2018 - League - FO 5pm - Chat/Updates

wildthing74

Tonight was very frustrating but nobody panic we bossed them for the majority of the game and were camped in their zone for long periods.

Hitting the pipes 3 times sums the night up and we had no puck luck with several others trickling passed posts with Moose beaten.

Losing Strachan was the key turning point and they had scored against the run of play to make it 2-0 before Strachs smashed one from the blue line and the pen was shortly after and they got 2 on the Pp.

Our PP had a bad night and we had chances late on to capitalise but it wasn't to be.Steelers were hanging on and I am certain if we got back to 1 we would have gone on to win.

I've seen us win there playing worse than tonight and I've seen us get blown away many times but I can't recall a game there we have lost having been the dominant team as mush as tonight?

Play like that Wednesday and we will have a similar score to the second leg of the CC.

Not taking anything away from Steelers they are a good side but were massively second best tonight.

I could,nt have said it better myself , we win it,s great and then we lose and people start slagging them off.
Remember it,s a sport we ain’t gonna win em all but we,re gonna win the one that counts and that,s THE LEAGUE

RedDevil17

Didnt watch the game so havnt seen the Strachen penalty. Was it the right call?
I thought a match Penalty was a bit unfair, it looked like a 2+10 Checking to the head but at most a 5+game. Good to see players sticking up for each other too (it makes a change!) Think Murdy played quite well considering he was thrown in at the deep end and if it wasn’t for Mustukovs being on fire we could’ve easily won by 7/8. 0-9 on the powerplay is a shambles considering how good it’s been. Think we can still win the league if we beat MK. People are forgetting Manchester have a tough conference although I think the conferences should go, they’re pointless if I’m honest.

DevilDom

Probably setting myself up for a fall here but I'd be surprised if there is any supplementary punishment for Strachan. Whilst it was a check to the head, it wasn't a particularly bad one (if there is such a thing) and it was very similar to the one Fitzgerald did on Martin earlier in the game for which he got 2 plus 10. The only reason I think he got chucked was because of the reaction from the steelers players. I don't think Neily was injured either but who knows what DOPS will do!

As for the game - we played well, Moose was on fire, Murdy did nothing wrong, Devils just weren't as clinical as steelers and our PP wasn't quite there. Onwards and upwards.

kettdevil1

Probably setting myself up for a fall here but I'd be surprised if there is any supplementary punishment for Strachan. Whilst it was a check to the head, it wasn't a particularly bad one (if there is such a thing) and it was very similar to the one Fitzgerald did on Martin earlier in the game for which he got 2 plus 10. The only reason I think he got chucked was because of the reaction from the steelers players. I don't think Neily was injured either but who knows what DOPS will do!

As for the game - we played well, Moose was on fire, Murdy did nothing wrong, Devils just weren't as clinical as steelers and our PP wasn't quite there. Onwards and upwards.
Agree re:Strachan, not a great hit but certainly not worthy of anything major. Looking at the tape it is possible he will get 2 max but my feeling is probably nothing more

matbur

I can never seem to get to grips with DOPS, when do they review and announce their decisions after Sunday games?

Games from a Friday and Saturday are reviewed before the Sunday games right?

If anyone can shed any light...

kettdevil1

I can never seem to get to grips with DOPS, when do they review and announce their decisions after Sunday games?

Games from a Friday and Saturday are reviewed before the Sunday games right?

If anyone can shed any light...
Their rule is that they announce things ‘before the next game’ so it is a bit of potluck.... in general we hear midweek after Sunday games but given we have a game Wednesday we should hear today.

Kevlar68

Didn't see the game but watched live inferno text commentary (which is excellent) while I was away and read the thread.
Been to most of home games and we've won them without opposition being physical but when the opposition does become more physical than ourselves we don't seem to cope as we rely on skill and speed. Once we're hit out of our stride there's no plan B.
That's the way I see the games.