Steelers v Devils - League - 30th March 24 - FO 1900

ASHIPP

I wasn't there yesterday (and haven't seen any highlights yet) so not commenting specifically on that game but assuming Bownsy didn't have the best game, given how well he has played this season, I think it would be harsh to be overly critical. Wall has been a solid pick up for us (and I would argue is a clear step up on Booth) but is a clear #2 for me.

I disagree with the PP comment. We have the second best PP this year and bar a dip before Christmas it has been pretty consistent. Anything over 25% is good enough for me and we are well over that. It is our PK that has slipped recently (4th best in the league) so I would argue that's where the work needs to go in.

The season is drifting to the playoffs really given we haven't got anything much to play for so whilst I hate losing in Sheffield (and to be fair it doesn't happen a lot in the last few years), in the great scheme of things it hasn't impacted on anything.
In last nights game, zero powerplay stats and half the shots on goal against the opposition would suggest there are concerns at the front end as well. Literally, in every area, the Steelers were better.
No criticism of Bownsey at all, he has been terrific this year. It is a shame, though, that the perception often is that it should fall to the goalie to make or break a game. No team deliberately loses games but this is where clutch players rise to the occassion and hopefully try to execute a change in game plan.
Unless, of course, our Guys are more beat up than we realise.....or are conserving/ focusing on tonight's big one.