steelers V devils 4-9-10

Thread starter #1
Does any body know how many ppeople are roughly traveling up to sheffield and if there is a coach heading up?

thanks!

Sheincar

There is a small coach going up which has 5 seats available at the moment. If anyone is interested please pm me. If we get a full bus should work out £18 each. First come first served!!

This is not a supporters club/Bob's Tours bus.

Chris

Administrator
I suspect there will be plenty of people in Sheffield, but a lot will have driven themselves up as i'm doing.

A coach journey up doesn't fill me with excitement :)

Chris.

wildthing74

I'm sure there will be Chris.Assuming you're coming across from Nottingham its obviously a nice little journey but a 7 hour round trip isn't much fun for the driver.Not too many years back all fans seemed to go on the coach as the banter is superb.
Hope we will have around 100 or so fans up there.

Ger-Devils

Will go up later in the month. Millwall home at midday then drive up it looks like.

Also off to Belfast on the 9th October( 55 of us booked up so far)

Chris

Administrator
I'm sure there will be Chris.Assuming you're coming across from Nottingham its obviously a nice little journey but a 7 hour round trip isn't much fun for the driver.Not too many years back all fans seemed to go on the coach as the banter is superb.
Hope we will have around 100 or so fans up there.
I'm going from Cardiff :)

7 hours isn't all that bad, provided we actually play alright that is, if we play like we did last season away I won't be bothering to make another journey away.

The banter may have been good, and it was good on Bobs away trips in recent seasons, but it's quicker to get home in my car, I can stop wherever I want, and with 3 or 4 people in the car, it's probably just as expensive as a coach would cost...

Still, if/when we pass you by on the motorway, i'll give you a beep ;)

Chris.

TheStub

Chris said:
The banter may have been good, and it was good on Bobs away trips in recent seasons, but it's quicker to get home in my car, I can stop wherever I want, and with 3 or 4 people in the car, it's probably just as expensive as a coach would cost...
Plus, for those of us coming from further west it is another hour after the coach drops off - it has never been worthwhile me taking the coach.

kettdevil1

Should be a decent away turnout.

I'm looking forward to the trip up there, Sheffield's roster looks to be loaded with talent but hopefully they will be a little rusty as they are just flying in this week. With us playing them numerous times int he next month a win in the first game could be psychologically vital.

ASHIPP

Rumoured that Steelers will be short-benched for this match. Globke and Campbell unlikely to be in UK in time. Infact, it's rumoured that Campbell may not even be a Steeler this season - visa issues taking a long time.

wildthing74

ASHIPP said:
Rumoured that Steelers will be short-benched for this match. Globke and Campbell unlikely to be in UK in time. Infact, it's rumoured that Campbell may not even be a Steeler this season - visa issues taking a long time.
Had not heard this re Campbell.I reckon he's running scared of the Vother.He should have stayed in Oz as not much chance of Brad battering out there.