Steelers v Devils - 12/01 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

TheStub said:
as I didn't get home until around 4:15, I am off work today... I am therefore spamming forums instead of getting up ;)

http://blog.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/201 ... ification/

Looks like Legue may get more. Not sure if he will, but it was a definite case of putting the game in disrepute - so could he be facing a 2 or 3 game ban?

There isn't much chance of the Caps beating them Saturday, but if the Steelers fail to bounce back, a wounded Blaze side may very well take points out of a slightly rocked Squeelers. Interesting second half of the season coming.
Legue will probably get what every Steeler gets for throwing a water bottle - ZILCH, NOTHING. Remember the precedent has been set previously. Over to you Mr. French- Do your worst.

ASHIPP said:
p.s. When PR spoke at the Steelers' fans forum about 'being pleased to be involved with the premier team in British ice hockey', we now know exactly which team he was talking about. ;)
Amazing what we can do with merely a quarter of the budget that Sheffield gets. :lol:

ASHIPP

Ghost Dog said:
ASHIPP said:
p.s. When PR spoke at the Steelers' fans forum about 'being pleased to be involved with the premier team in British ice hockey', we now know exactly which team he was talking about. ;)
Amazing what we can do with merely a quarter of the budget that Sheffield gets. :lol:
Indeed! Notice on Steeltalk that some of them believe the Club must have massively overspent to persuade Craig (Weller) to come to the UK. Think they are forgetting that Craig was slotting into a vacancy already created by Justin Sawyer's departure, plus funds from not bringing in an import to cover the Vother's injury and no doubt other savings. :roll: They are also forgetting that the Steelers already had 2 exNHL players (Globke and Simon) and possibly certain players like Tait would have demanded more to stay, with competition from other interested teams.

Ger-Devils said:
Jono72 said:
Thanks for all your kind comments on the TCW article.

Funnily enough it hasn't gone down as well on Steeltalk :lol:
Not like you to wind them up... :D ....
Normally I love to but I'm not guilty on this one (honest!)

The link was posted on Steeltalk and now they're all telling me I'm wrong, even though I do genuinely believe that Devils performance last night was the best team display I've ever seen.

TheStub

Re: Re: Steelers v Devils - 12/01 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updat

Jono72 said:
Ger-Devils said:
Jono72 said:
Thanks for all your kind comments on the TCW article.

Funnily enough it hasn't gone down as well on Steeltalk :lol:
Not like you to wind them up... :D ....
Normally I love to but I'm not guilty on this one (honest!)

The link was posted on Steeltalk and now they're all telling me I'm wrong, even though I do genuinely believe that Devils performance last night was the best team display I've ever seen.
In all fairness, you are always right when you state your opinion. Looking at Steeltalk they don't understand the concept of opinion or experience. Bless, they are only ikkle.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #132
Wonder if that's a not so sly dig when he mentions no one is complaining about their ice time and everyone knows what they're doing...

Still, 21 wins and a 1-7 victory certainly wasn't what I was expecting, we completely outplayed the Steelers no matter what excuses they can come up with.

They looked fairly dangerous going forwards but we were all over them and proved it as the scoreline shows :D

Chris.

Chris said:
Wonder if that's a not so sly dig when he mentions no one is complaining about their ice time and everyone knows what they're doing...
Chris.
Don't think so Chris, I believe it's more to do with the PK and PP roles within the team.

voth26

Joesteeler said:
Wow..

I've never seen a better display of hockey from an away team in 6 years i've been watching. It wasn't like a road game, it was like Cardiff was the home team! Your D is solid and your forwards are brilliant! Sheffield were poor. Infact, poor doesn't even sum up how bad we are, but I guess credit goes down to the Devils to stop our game.

Carson was just Carson. In the early stages of the game he was poor to the Devils, and in the later stages poor to the Steelers, but in no way did he affect, the game.

Think we saw the league champions tonight, and that's the Devils. If you don't win it this year, then i'd be massively gutted.

Hope you all had a safe trip home/down guys, as I know one of the coaches broke down. All the best.
Thanks for the compliments by a true fan of the game, although i'm trying not to think of the league as so many games to be played :roll:

voth26

just read steelers site all they seem interested in is slagging off voth when he checked the plexi and how they are going to have retribution in the next game for what, are they going to harp on about the last game at the tent when simons got brad banned with that pile of crap about his player getting concussed and munn being checked :evil: :evil: steelers time to grow a set or shut up

E.D.S.

One of the things I'm most proud of is our fans who post on this forum and others. Have you noticed that everyone else is talking about us winning the league but hardly any of us mention it (apart from the odd one or two who are fully entitled to get carried away with the current run)?
We seem to be fully grounded. We even talk about the run coming to an end and to make sure we enjoy this whilst it lasts. There's no arrogance, gloating or goading of other fans as you see on other forums.
Well done guys. Great, fantastic, passionate, yet humble support and just great people to be around.

osh

voth26 said:
just read steelers site all they seem interested in is slagging off voth when he checked the plexi and how they are going to have retribution in the next game for what, are they going to harp on about the last game at the tent when simons got brad banned with that pile of **** about his player getting concussed and munn being checked :evil: :evil: steelers time to grow a set or shut up

Think you've got this very wrong tbh. I've just been looking at Steeltalk and I have to say that yes they are very disappointed in their teams performance, but fulsome in their praise of the Devils. You are way off line stating that '' all they seem interested in is slagging of Voth when he checked the plexi'' etc. yes there are a few posts mentioning that, but you seem to forget the many posts that also mentioned the incident but were quick to say that Carson got it right because no offence had been commited. The vast majority of posts praise the Devils, why are you trying to say otherwise !