Steelers v Clan - March 4

Earnie

Thread starter #1
What result is best for Cardiff?
I guess a Steelers win since if we manage to win our games against them there is a chance to catch up and overtake. A Clan win creates a rather large gap.
Any overtime would be bad news for us also.

Your views.................

Koop11

Re: Steelers v Clan ,March 4

Steelers win. We need Braehead to lose at least two games and for us to win all of ours (big ask) if we are to nip them at the post for the league title. As we play Sheffield 3 times in the league in the next couple of weeks, we have control of our own destiny.

Given the fixtures they have left, if Braehead beat Sheffield on Wednesday then the league title is all but there’s I feel.

Best result is a Steelers regulation win.
Worst result is a Breahad win in OT/pens.

Temme

After Nottingham losing to Braehead this weekend gone, i can't see Braehead slipping up.

Best result for me here would be a Braehead win, as Sheffield then lose and we can secure 2nd place, and win the conference.

Finny

A massive 4 days coming up for Braehead. Sheffield away on Wednesday and then Nottingham away on Saturday.

If they lose both of those in regulation, then there is a chance they might start to wobble. They'd still be favourites but games away to Edinburgh and Fife aren't guaranteed wins, as we have found out to our own cost.

If the Clan manage to get a point or two from those two games then the league title is just a matter of when rather than if.

Worth noting as well Sheffield's week in run up to CC Final.

Coventry last night, Braehead Wednesday, Belfast Saturday.

Will this effect Wednesday's game, know that a Final is coming up on Sunday. I'm pretty sure we held back last night in order to preserve for the final.

Thank goodness we dont have a mid week game, personally i would like a Braehead loss as i cant bring myself to say the obvious alternative! :lol:

ASHIPP

I feel sick saying it but a Steelers' win tonight does do some damage to the Clan. But it's bitter-sweet. Unfortunately it would give Steelers 2 points to close the gap....and a bit more pressure on the Devils to win their games.

Let's hope Steelers have a terrible time in Belfast on Saturday for many reasons.

Temme

I'd like to see the Clan win this one.

I think the league title is gone, Braehead won't slip up after beating Nottingham last week.

However Sheffield dropping points here could allow us 2nd place!

Rempel16

I disagree Temme....

If the Clan lose tonight and away to Nottingham on Saturday we can jump above them if we win our games in hand. A big ask, but hopefully the Devils will be thinking that the rest of our fixtures are winnable.... Playing Steelers 3 more times will already ensure that we get sufficient points from them.

Like i say, it's a big ask, but i'm hoping that Lord and co are ambitious enough to go for it....

DevilDom

I think the overall league title is probably too much of an ask now, however the conference title (and 2nd seed for the playoffs) is well within our grasp. Given that, I would like to see a very physical game that goes to OT and penalties, then I don't really care who wins. Same again for Saturday for the Steelers but with a Giants win. Two very tough and physical games to tire them out ready for Sunday!

DevilDom said:
I think the overall league title is probably too much of an ask now, however the conference title (and 2nd seed for the playoffs) is well within our grasp. Given that, I would like to see a very physical game that goes to OT and penalties, then I don't really care who wins. Same again for Saturday for the Steelers but with a Giants win. Two very tough and physical games to tire them out ready for Sunday!
Agree with this. I was at the game in Coventry on Sunday and you could just see the Steelers tiring in the 3rd.

If anyone on here speaks to Lordo tell him that Unice has a weak right side :) Coventry scored a couple of identical goals on Sunday, both slapshots from just inside the blue line on Unices right.....it all helps ha ha ha :D

Tyke Devil

Sheincar said:
Face off delayed by up to an hour - Clan had bus problems.
Shocking.....Clan should forfeit game..oh..hang on...who do I want to win?..yeah Steelers..no...we need Conference win..Go Breahead! Except we play Steelers 3 times yet..so if they beat Clan..maybe we have a chance for the league.... ;:| ;:| ;:|

;)

Tyke Devil

Tyke Devil said:
Sheincar said:
Face off delayed by up to an hour - Clan had bus problems.
Shocking.....Clan should forfeit game..oh..hang on...who do I want to win?..yeah Steelers..no...we need Conference win..Go Breahead! Except we play Steelers 3 times yet..so if they beat Clan..maybe we have a chance for the league.... ;:| ;:| ;:|

;)
But...Clan not in our conference..so....GO DEVILS!