Steelers sack 3

Temme

Thread starter #3
Wow I throught Jackson was in danager
Given the culture of that club i honestly think he is untouchable as they wouldn't want to swallow their pride in sacking him & have him sign straight for another EIHL club who would bite their hands off.

CaldicotDevil

Similar position as the Panthers. It’s obvious the coach has lost the dressing room. I hate to see player power but it’s pretty pointless swapping players round, Especially when the coach will probably leave in the summer. They should’ve got Fitzy as a player coach / coach.

CaldicotDevil

I think Barrasso will be there next season, and will build his own team.
Don't think the fans have taken to Barrasso. A lot of "Barrasso out" comments flying round social media after recent results and a lot of fans thought it was unprofessional not turning up for media duty. Might just be a case of great players don't always make great coaches.

pjj365

Don't think the fans have taken to Barrasso. A lot of "Barrasso out" comments flying round social media after recent results and a lot of fans thought it was unprofessional not turning up for media duty. Might just be a case of great players don't always make great coaches.
TB has a track record of poor PR and it is said that is why he is not in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Also did he not say at the outset that he was here for a year whilst he looked for something better - was it not a KHL role?

hip check

Sometimes wonder when teams unload players like in this instance, does it put off potential signings joining that organisation considering the turnover of players at the Steelers this season?
We at the Devil's don't get this scenario very often and we're reaping the benefits now.

CaldicotDevil

TB has a track record of poor PR and it is said that is why he is not in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Also did he not say at the outset that he was here for a year whilst he looked for something better - was it not a KHL role?
Not too sure. I get the impression he'd do very well as a goalie coach in larger organisation but he hasn't got the people skills or man management for a head coach role. Alarm bells should've started ringing when he agreed to leave Asiago mid season.

Diablo3

Oh dear... I thought the Steelers had gone past sacking players on mass. It does explain their recent downturn in form though. I agree with hip check about new players wanting to go there, I certainly wouldn't (If I was 30 years younger and could skate)

Ocko

It's a very similar season for Steelers as it was with us the year before Kelman came in. All they need now is another 53 goalies, to sign 3 Polish players from the local car wash, miss the play offs and I'd swear Tony Smith will pull off a mask to reveal Paul Ragan at the end of season party.

BostonBart22

Think our ex player turned into a great coach in MR..LORD

tim78

All went wrong after dropping Adams. It'll can only get harder if the fans start being over negative.

But simply thing to remember is to support your team n players and let the manager/coach sort the rest.

BostonBart22

reckon the club got money probs, be surprised if steelers get any players in and just play the season out, at the start of the season sure they had 3 or 4 games at 5.00 entry a big loss in revenue for better players. ben oconnor will be gone in the summer along with other brits...they deserve to be treated by a better club not one thats been going through the motions most of the sesason..

CaldicotDevil

Think our ex player turned into a great coach in MR..LORD
Compared to Barrosso, Lord wasn't a great player. However if you looked at Andrew Lord as a player he had all the characteristics of a great coach. He was hard working, tough, gritty and popular with the other players. Keefe's got the same characteristics at Belfast.

Another example; Wayne Gretsky is the greatest ever hockey player, stunk as a coach. Mike Babcock played for the Whitley Warriors in the BHL and he is arguably the best coach in the world.

Wannabe2

reckon the club got money probs, be surprised if steelers get any players in and just play the season out, at the start of the season sure they had 3 or 4 games at 5.00 entry a big loss in revenue for better players. ben oconnor will be gone in the summer along with other brits...they deserve to be treated by a better club not one thats been going through the motions most of the sesason..
Can’t see Steelers doing that, and not signing anyone, myself I think they already have 3 guys signed up. Steelers still have 11 home games, and 12 away games, that’s 23 games to go yet, not including any play off games. There’s 3 months of the season left yet and they will be desperate to make the play offs, lots of hockey to go yet, and still some league positions to be settled.

Diablo3

True, if they were not bothered they would have left the players where they were. They also said they want 1 in for the weekend.