Steelers in the .....

BostonBart22

I think continental cup would suit the devils especially after the financial loss we will get after season ending early, another fact 3 trips in the chl...that could involve 3 airline who at present may not be around by the next season..

Gisland

Dissagree sorry winning the league means a lot different to me, winning the league means we have been the best team over the season in our league, and that means a lot more to me than a CHL spot. The European spot means lots to many people, probably including the team, but I also think lots of fans could live without it including me, more games for the lads to play, extra travel in a competition we wouldn’t win in a month of sundays. Give me Devils v Steelers/ panthers/ IRRELEVANT / Blaze every day over Frolunda, Mountfield .

Fixed that for you..!

Devils86

CUP PARTICIPATION

As I understand it the CHL invites clubs to participate. Those invitations are in the order of where they finished the season. In countries across Europe the normal season hadn’t concluded and clubs were invited to participate in the CHL based on the final table.

That would clearly mean that if the EIHL only had one invite it would go to the team at the top of the table when the season ended - which in this case was the Devils.

Now, had the Steelers won on the Friday and been top when the season was ended (but we still had games in hand) then I’d understand the logic of inviting the Steelers (albeit I would be annoyed about it).

The Continental Cup invitation goes to the Challenge Cup winners? Or the Playoff winners?

If the CC winners are invited then that is unaffected - Steelers. If the Playoff winners then I can see the logic for saying the Steelers as they won the only silverware.

Everyone knew (maybe apart from me!) what the winners of the Challenge Cup got if they won it - it wasn’t a CHL spot. So they shouldn’t get a CHL spot now. It would be like UEFA inviting the winners of the League Cup and the winners of the EFL Trophy to be in the Champions League instead of those at the top of the table.

But in any event - the CHL invites clubs so it’s up to them, but if anybody moans about Devils being invited then they are a little ‘shortsighted’ in my humble opinion.

Nobody should be awarded a trophy for the league or the title of ‘champions’ in my opinion. Likewise the playoffs. Only Steelers should be called Challenge Cup winners/champions - or whatever - as they won that competition which was concluded prior to the end of the season.

BEING IN THE CHL
I personally love it. It’s another selling point for the club, the opportunity for players to test themselves against some of the best in Europe. It’s not the only selling point for the club of course.

We obviously want a team to win the league first and foremost as the league is THE title in this country. Any difficulties with combining competitions (fixtures, style of play, fatigue etc) are on the coaching/management team.

Initially in football nobody wanted British clubs playing in Europe - look how successful they eventually became. Admittedly we aren’t a powerhouse of European hockey - and would have a long, long way to go to ever get near that level - but why not take a swing at the big boys every now and then.

Mazzoak

I would love to see the devils not taking part in the chl.

Only reason being is I would like to see the team we put together just for the elite league!

No excuses no styles to adapt to etc.

Get some rough n ready youngsters who are fast and explosive n win the elite league at a kantor instead of every season we are sweating till the last few games
It’s been mentioned that most of the CHL teams had already completed their seasons. The U.K. potentially could be left out because there isn’t any evidence one team would have one.

Heres a fact, Cardiff lost with 11 points in front, this year, no consistency, that fact goes for most of the teams.

voth26

If your looking solely at league position yes the Devils would be on top. But add Devils loosing the CC to Sheffield gives a clearer picture of the current performance of the two top teams against each other.
Yet the Devil's won the league series between the two teams, so therefore that makes the Devil's the stronger of the two!!

voth26

It’s been mentioned that most of the CHL teams had already completed their seasons. The U.K. potentially could be left out because there isn’t any evidence one team would have one.

Heres a fact, Cardiff lost with 11 points in front, this year, no consistency, that fact goes for most of the teams.
The Steelers potentially lost the league after being top for 4 months, but that seems to be ok with you, yet you seem to look for and post anything negative about the Devil's

Devils86

Not sure labelling a side as inconsistent is a ‘fact’...more like an opinion based on statistics to me.

Also not sure what it has to do with the CHL place...haven’t heard anybody say that the Devils are Champions and would have definitely 100% won the league and for that reason should go into the CHL.

Mazzoak

Not sure labelling a side as inconsistent is a ‘fact’...more like an opinion based on statistics to me.

Also not sure what it has to do with the CHL place...haven’t heard anybody say that the Devils are Champions and would have definitely 100% won the league and for that reason should go into the CHL.
In this situation opinion is all we got. Luckily any decision the CHL bring will be non bias. In my opinion nobody should be given a spot.

Mazzoak

The Steelers potentially lost the league after being top for 4 months, but that seems to be ok with you, yet you seem to look for and post anything negative about the Devil's
Potentially, key word.......

Yawho Devils top of the league, there, you feel better now.

I've never met any one as condescending as you, if anyone challenges your post you reply with a childish comment, yet you puck holes in other posters
you'll find a lot of people who like to give the impression they know everything do that. Any time someone challenges the points behind their (not so) hidden agenda, they like to resort to childish nonsense. I suspect there's also the emotional conflict of being continually smug at believing they know more than anyone else and being completely butt hurt by whatever it is that someone did to give them that axe to grind.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the other top six hockey leagues in the world to see how we stacked up against the top teams in the world. Only five teams in the world had a better win percentage than we had: Boston Bruins at .714, Karpat in Finland at .717 and as usual, three teams in the KHL who were all 750 or greater (CSKA, SKA and Ak Bars).

Something to be incredibly proud of for all of us. Domestically, three first place finishes, one tie and twice missing out by two points in the last six years. So missing out on six straight titles by a total of five points.

is it time to stand up and be proud of the team? Damn right it is. Whether or not the league recognizes this champion
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the other top six hockey leagues in the world to see how we stacked up against the top teams in the world. Only five teams in the world had a better win percentage than we had: Boston Bruins at .714, Karpat in Finland at .717 and as usual, three teams in the KHL who were all 750 or greater (CSKA, SKA and Ak Bars).

Something to be incredibly proud of for all of us. Domestically, three first place finishes, one tie and twice missing out by two points in the last six years. So missing out on six straight titles by a total of five points.

is it time to stand up and be proud of the team? Damn right it is. Whether or not the league recognizes this championship season, we should let these players and the coaching staff know that we as fans recognize it.
ship season, we should let these players and the coaching staff know that we as fans recognize it.

Steve,

That is a really good and positive write up and considering all the negative news in general at the moment I for one am proud to read something like this.

Please don't think that anyone down here is in anyway let down by the team this year. I think the majority of what could be construed as negative posts are simply Bourne out of frustration early on in the season and uncertainty at present. Put simply, as you are no doubt aware, Devils fans are extremely passionate supporters and consistently want the team to achieve their full potential so when their is a loss or decline in performance they will, in general, aire their views and look for instant performance. It shows how passionate the supporters are when they are agitated that the season has ended early and are desperate for hockey to continue and are looking to the CHL in the hope that we obtain a place so we can squeeze in those extra viewing hours, minutes and seconds.

I really hope you don't think people are not grateful of everything your great consortium have brought us over the years. You guys have injected a shot of hockey adrenalin into the veins of the devil himself which is evidenced by the results that we have had since you all took over.

Further to this the supporters greatly appreciate just how supporter friendly you are and your engagement and updates on this forum. Not many owners of professional sports clubs will engage with their supporters and provide the level of honesty that you do.

Anyways, stay positive and safe through this worldwide health uncertainty. Keep us updated as to anything devils orientated or any views and input that you have and let's keep our fingers crossed for CHL hockey again and a fantastic team to help us through the journey.

PS.... If your not to busy could we look at spending a small amount on a gift for the fans next season. I was thinking someone like the NHLs Tom WILSON. Lol. Worth a try aye.

Temme

Figured i wouldn't bother responding unless i had a valid point with proof, and given that you've posted a 'fact' I feel this needs correcting.

We've actually been extremely consistent however you choose to break the season up;

Sept - Oct - 11 wins, 6 losses - 64.7%
Nov - Dec - 13 wins, 8 losses - 61.9%
Jan - Feb - 13 wins, 6 losses - 68.4%

We haven't hit any seriously major roadblocks or long stretches of 'inconsistency'.

In November we reeled off 3 losses on the bounce - twice, however the latter was followed by a 4 game win streak, and the former we won back to back games after.

It's also important to remember, losing games is not a sign of inconsistency.

For me, this years squad has been one of the most consistent I can remember in recent memory - although I do think we've somewhat underperformed, we've been consistent in our performances throughout the year irrespective of results.

Obviously the league table tells us that we haven't underperformed, but as i said - irrespective of results...

Consistency is always something that we can talk about, but ultimately it's never going to happen that a team goes .75 through a season with every 4 games going WWWL - teams will get hot, get cold all year round.

kingmo19.1

If I were a Giants fan, I’d also be clinging onto every ounce of past glory, however,
knowing that my team had been pretty much bang average all this season, I’d probably have stayed very quiet and mourned for those glory days whilst crying, curled up under my duvet! :)