Steelers in the .....

Finny

If your looking solely at league position yes the Devils would be on top. But add Devils loosing the CC to Sheffield gives a clearer picture of the current performance of the two top teams against each other.
CC is utterly irrelevant.
CHL places are awarded based purely on league position. The EIHL have been awarded multiple slots on several occasions and it has always gone to the 2nd placed team. Not the Playoff winners. Not the CC winners.

It’s starting to sound like the U.K. might lose its CHL spot because of the pettiness of other teams.

We finished top of the league. Be childish all you want and refuse to crown us champions but there is no argument to suggest we weren’t the best team over the league campaign that was played.

CC is utterly irrelevant.
CHL places are awarded based purely on league position. The EIHL have been awarded multiple slots on several occasions and it has always gone to the 2nd placed team. Not the Playoff winners. Not the CC winners.

It’s starting to sound like the U.K. might lose its CHL spot because of the pettiness of other teams.

We finished top of the league. Be childish all you want and refuse to crown us champions but there is no argument to suggest we weren’t the best team over the league campaign that was played.
you were at the top of the league when the league was STOPPED, you arent Champions because you were 1pt clear at that time.
5 teams could still have won the league.
you were 11pts clear at one stage last season, should you have been awarded the league for that as well? But the difference is the WHOLE season last year was played out, and we all know how that one ended.

Devilsatw

Thread starter #23
you were at the top of the league when the league was STOPPED, you arent Champions because you were 1pt clear at that time.
you were 11pts clear at one stage last season, should you have been awarded the league for that as well? But the difference is the WHOLE season last year was played out, and we all know how that one ended.
As pointed out before!! Are Liverpool champions of the premier league? Or shall it be void?

Yes we were 1 pt clear with 3 games in hand. We were 3/4 pts clear of everyone else with games in hand too.

Everyone knows we are champions and for giants to say they are is funniest thing ever.
They got to grasp at something after a terrible season they have had

Finny

I’ve never said we should be awarded the title. I said we were top of the league when the season ended. Based on other leagues in a similar position we should be awarded the CHL spot.

The 11 point argument that keeps coming up is nonsense. For a start Belfast had 3 games in hand and two home games against us. That’s 9 points. We were only ever really 2 points ahead of Belfast.

If you ever need proof that we’re once again the biggest club in the league it’s the fans from all teams who aren’t disappointed they didn’t win it, but delighted we didn’t.

Devils86

I know I’m biting but hey ho...

Indeed we aren’t Champions, we finished top of the league. In the same vein if the Giants (or their fans) want to claim they are still Champions then that’s pathetic. I’d say the same thing to any Devils fans claiming to be reigning Playoff winners. It may be technically true but it’s pathetic.

And this 11 points clear rubbish? Yes, again technically true, but Giants had how many games in hand? Devils blew the league last season - we lost it, we gave it to the Giants however you want to phrase it. But in reality the gap was something like 5/6 points due to the games in hand.

As pointed out before!! Are Liverpool champions of the premier league? Or shall it be void?

Yes we were 1 pt clear with 3 games in hand. We were 3/4 pts clear of everyone else with games in hand too.

Everyone knows we are champions and for giants to say they are is funniest thing ever.
They got to grasp at something after a terrible season they have had
The thing is your NOT champions, pt clear with 6 to 9 games not played.....and you lost out last season when you needed a pt with 2 games to play, and you couldn't manage to do that

Devils86

I’ve never said we should be awarded the title. I said we were top of the league when the season ended. Based on other leagues in a similar position we should be awarded the CHL spot.

The 11 point argument that keeps coming up is nonsense. For a start Belfast had 3 games in hand and two home games against us. That’s 9 points. We were only ever really 2 points ahead of Belfast.

If you ever need proof that we’re once again the biggest club in the league it’s the fans from all teams who aren’t disappointed they didn’t win it, but delighted we didn’t.
Rest of the post spot on - but we aren’t the biggest club. We are probably the most envied.

Finny

The thing is your NOT champions, pt clear with 6 to 9 games not played.....and you lost out last season when you needed a pt with 2 games to play, and you couldn't manage to do that
I hate to throw facts at you but it wasn’t a point with 2 games to play. It was 3 points with two games to play and a point with 1 game to play.
As a Giants fan are you really saying we threw it away? If so you’re saying your own team didn’t really deserve to win the title?
Which based on comments from the most vocal Giants fans this season seems to be subconsciously true.

Yes anyone of five teams could have gone on to win the league, hence a very difficult decision as to who should get the place/places in CHL. WE are not champions , no one will be as the season was curtailed. Belfast won the league last year how they did is irrelevant, they did. But using the argument that they should gain the CHL spot based on that is a nonsense. , it has to be based on this season.How they sort that out is for the CHL. As for this year, frustrated at times but I think this season has made me a more passionate Devils fan (if that was possible) and I genuinely believe we would have won the league, seeing the boys reaction last Sunday made me believe even more.We have had an amazing 6 years and that will continue, the record speaks for itself , we just have to wait a bit longer for the next campaign to start. Until then , thank you to everyone involved in the Devils organisation and a happy, healthy elongated break to everyone.

i honestly do feel bad for you, Claret. If our team was only relevant once in the last six years, I’d be clinging to those stories too! ;)
Well said Steve. Best put down yet of Brobdingnag‘s resident Lilliputian. Seems the famous Irish sense of humour has not yet managed to make its way into Belfast in spite of the fact that there still remains no border.

Devilsatw

Thread starter #35
Stay classy Mr King, just like the rest of you entourage were in last seasons Belfast double header....well at least before the 2 defeats
What happened this season then? Wasn’t it 130mins of hockey before you could score a goal past us with us scoring roughly 12?

Yet you still think your the number 1 team in Britain? Haha

Also as I said in previous post are Liverpool league champions this season??

Wannabe2

I’m having fun with you my friend. It’s what it’s supposed to be about.
Steve this idiot don’t even know how to spell fun, he will probably see it as nuf, as enuf we are stuffed but even being stuffed we are the best, finishing 4/5 we are still the champions, people in LA LA LAND have this problem unfortunately for them,

Wannabe2

We all love the banter Steve, it’s so amazingly funny, Belfast fans especially this geezer has been trying to get us going for seasons love them, ENVY is a terrible thing, it has been known to eat away at people for years love them.

Wagstaff

like i said on another thread, Giants are defending EIHL Champions, so surely the place has to go to them. Devils qualified last season only because Giants were invited via Continental Cup, but Giants winning the league opened up the extra space for Devils, which was claimed for winning the play-offs
Clue is in the title CHL is for champions, this season you are mid table, so if they change the name to MTHL your in with a shout, I say this tongue in cheek as I imagine that you are only joking that you actually have a claim to the spot.