Steelers in the .....

If the CHL can only give one spot it's gotta be between devils and the giants I'd of thought.
like i said on another thread, Giants are defending EIHL Champions, so surely the place has to go to them. Devils qualified last season only because Giants were invited via Continental Cup, but Giants winning the league opened up the extra space for Devils, which was claimed for winning the play-offs

Kevlar68

Its a tricky one I think. Last season is last season and the CHL has been completed from last seasons results.
Big headache for the EIHL. I reckon they'll just fall in line with what other leagues do.

Mazzoak

Controversial l know, but it could be decided by the team who led the league for the longest period of time and who won the only accolade of the season. Fortunately that would be Sheffield. I don’t agree with the glowing assessment of our year some have expressed, we’ve spent most of it complaining about poor performance, coaching etc etc. We lost the CC after destroying them 2 days prior. So l don’t see how we can claim the spot, our only argument is based on potential, not actual performance.
So l say fortunately because our previous collapses in EIHL performance seems to stem from too much emphasis on the CHL. Since we cannot compete in that competition beyond scoring a goal or two or if we are really on point clinching a win. l see little benefit beyond a financial one, which I’m sure with Todd’s contacts and previous history we could attract decent crowd pulling pre season games.

Legin

Devil may care said exactly, , why hasn’t he let it go and stayed on topic, what’s the difference mate. And why are my views pathetic. I am not against a standing area,just giving my views, what’s the problem with that.
Controversial l know, but it could be decided by the team who led the league for the longest period of time and who won the only accolade of the season. Fortunately that would be Sheffield. I don’t agree with the glowing assessment of our year some have expressed, we’ve spent most of it complaining about poor performance, coaching etc etc. We lost the CC after destroying them 2 days prior. So l don’t see how we can claim the spot, our only argument is based on potential, not actual performance.
So l say fortunately because our previous collapses in EIHL performance seems to stem from too much emphasis on the CHL. Since we cannot compete in that competition beyond scoring a goal or two or if we are really on point clinching a win. l see little benefit beyond a financial one, which I’m sure with Todd’s contacts and previous history we could attract decent crowd pulling pre season games.
Sorry but on performance we are most consistent having won 70% of points available the highest in the league

Mazzoak

This is all assuming the current situation ends, for whatever reason. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if this takes 6 to 12 months before any major crowd gathering is allowed. The CHL May not go ahead, if it does it could be a reduced competition over a shorter period.

T10P

A lot easier to stay top of the league when you play more games than any other team.. imo I think it may come down to how this season ended, but who knows.

moggy#9

The only reason the Steelers led the league for a long time is because they'd played more games. The devils winning percentage was IIRC always better. As for the giants, I always felt that they would have a strong run in - though not strong enough to win the league. To argue that they get the CHL place based on them having won it the year before is ludicrous.

Mazzoak

If your looking solely at league position yes the Devils would be on top. But add Devils loosing the CC to Sheffield gives a clearer picture of the current performance of the two top teams against each other.

Swarley

If your looking solely at league position yes the Devils would be on top. But add Devils loosing the CC to Sheffield gives a clearer picture of the current performance of the two top teams against each other.
But that's a challenge cup game, looking at league games we won our last league game against the steelers which put us top of the league and we had games in hand, so many arguments can be made as to who should be given the spot.

SteveKing

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the other top six hockey leagues in the world to see how we stacked up against the top teams in the world. Only five teams in the world had a better win percentage than we had: Boston Bruins at .714, Karpat in Finland at .717 and as usual, three teams in the KHL who were all 750 or greater (CSKA, SKA and Ak Bars).

Something to be incredibly proud of for all of us. Domestically, three first place finishes, one tie and twice missing out by two points in the last six years. So missing out on six straight titles by a total of five points.

is it time to stand up and be proud of the team? Damn right it is. Whether or not the league recognizes this championship season, we should let these players and the coaching staff know that we as fans recognize it.