+/- Stats

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
This has come up on THF but for those who have not seen it, the +/- stats for this year make very interesting reading. Now I know that they can be criticised as being an inexact tool but they came up as MK have released Clay Anderson who was at -28 on a pretty brutal team.

Looking at the Devils stats, Gleason Fournier is at an incredible +31, miles clear of the next player (Joey Martin at +18) and given how he plays the game, I was bowled over by that.... looking at D Men, bar Fourns, they are all tightly grouped around +12/13 but the forwards are a little more disparate. Behind Martin are Hedden and Benti (+15) and then Linglet and Dixon. The only two on negatives are Myers (no real surprise given his role this season) and the departed Faryna.

It might be me being a stats nerd (and having a slow work day) but I was amazed by the consistency of stats (taking out the few outliers such as Fournier), in contrast Belfast have a few very strong performers (Dwyer, Riley, Murphy and MacFaull) but then there is a significant drop off, maybe indicating an over reliance on the top performers?

Not totally sure what all this proves but.... I found it interesting!

CaldicotDevil

Just personifies how good Gleason is, it's baffling how no one from a higher league has come in for him. His stats over the last few years are impressive & this years number are insane, a defenseman with 40 points from 32 games & a +31. He scores 2/3 highlight reel goals a year, best skater in the league and he's only 27.

kingmo19.1

Just personifies how good Gleason is, it's baffling how no one from a higher league has come in for him. His stats over the last few years are impressive & this years number are insane, a defenseman with 40 points from 32 games & a +31. He scores 2/3 highlight reel goals a year, best skater in the league and he's only 27.
If any team managers have stumbled upon this board please ignore the above post. Fournier is bang average at best, nothing special, dead lucky with his point production this season and previously so it would be wise you just moving on ok!

He’s also an overrated skater, slow and prone to falling over a lot. I don’t know why we bother with him to be fair.

:)

august04

This has come up on THF but for those who have not seen it, the +/- stats for this year make very interesting reading. Now I know that they can be criticised as being an inexact tool but they came up as MK have released Clay Anderson who was at -28 on a pretty brutal team.

Looking at the Devils stats, Gleason Fournier is at an incredible +31, miles clear of the next player (Joey Martin at +18) and given how he plays the game, I was bowled over by that.... looking at D Men, bar Fourns, they are all tightly grouped around +12/13 but the forwards are a little more disparate. Behind Martin are Hedden and Benti (+15) and then Linglet and Dixon. The only two on negatives are Myers (no real surprise given his role this season) and the departed Faryna.

It might be me being a stats nerd (and having a slow work day) but I was amazed by the consistency of stats (taking out the few outliers such as Fournier), in contrast Belfast have a few very strong performers (Dwyer, Riley, Murphy and MacFaull) but then there is a significant drop off, maybe indicating an over reliance on the top performers?

Not totally sure what all this proves but.... I found it interesting!
Where are these stats located, can’t see anything on THF?

Ejercito Rojas

Shhhhhhhhhh!!

OJLloyd

If any team managers have stumbled upon this board please ignore the above post. Fournier is bang average at best, nothing special, dead lucky with his point production this season and previously so it would be wise you just moving on ok!

He’s also an overrated skater, slow and prone to falling over a lot. I don’t know why we bother with him to be fair.

Yup, from the games I’ve seen most of his goals have been him getting in the way and it deflecting off his back side or something. Definitely not on purpose.

Kindly move along everyone else. Ta.

voth26

I agree nothing to see here not worth stopping best look else where

kingmo19.1

He wasn’t even looking when that last shot went in off his stick! He was gesturing to some chap at the top of the stand to get him a burger at the interval break.

His diet is also shocking and he stays up too late in the evenings! Total nightmare! We could do so much better.

Last edited:

Temme

As an update, Fournier is now +48 on the season, I am genuinely lost for words. Phenomenal stat
The clubs to my knowledge have tracked +/- for the last few years (maybe always?) just for their own records, it would be interesting to see how Fournier this year compares to #1 D men of past.

Finny

The clubs to my knowledge have tracked +/- for the last few years (maybe always?) just for their own records, it would be interesting to see how Fournier this year compares to #1 D men of past.
I've done +- for the club since 2010. They always wanted them kept private though so I'm not sure it would be fair to publicisise them, even for past seasons.
Personally, I'm pleased the league are now making them public as I've had to really bit my tongue at times. The number of times I've seen a post along the lines of "I'd love to see player X's +- as I bet it's really low" knowing that they actually have one of the best on the team but can't say it publically. We even had that comment this season about Reddick, I wonder if that person has checked it since.......