Stars Vs Devils - Wed 3 Oct - League

Foxy

Richie seems to have a niggley injury maybe an extra d man is needed. We need a fully fit Richie. Two goal lead given up again

Hedd Wyn John

Excellent game of hockey to watch, end to end stuff at times there. The Stars were defensively strong. A tough nut to crack. A good result for the devils.

Paul Sullivan

Pacha 2nd best coach in the league?? You must be joking! He’s good but to say he’s 2nd best in the league is utterly ridiculous. What has he done to deserve that? Has he won anything? No.

On the bright side, good 2 points away against a good Dundee team, the guys must’ve been knackered after the journey considering we woke up early according to Devils twitter with Blood’s selfie so I’m very pleased that we won. Our PK and PP wasn’t good according to twitter though and apparently we tried playing fancy fancy on the 5 on 3
Pacha reminds me a lot of G, and I don't say that lightly - by that I mean you know whatever team he has, wherever you play, you can't take a night off against them. With the budgets he has worked with I think he has done very well. They will take some scalps this year imho.

Devil_Abroad

Hmmm, think at times I’m watching a different game to most people.

We hardly made Dundee work for a point. They’ve had an awful schedule over the last week or so but made us look pedestrian at times. I know we flew up but surely we left our legs on the plane.

Bowns was the busier netminder having to make some good quality saves. Our passing was poor as was our link up play in the end zone tonight. We often found it difficult to cycle the puck and when we did we were trying to walk it in most of the time. Our pp was sloppy too.

We should have played a high tempo 4 line hockey for the first 30 mins to tire them out.

We did well to come out with the 2 points but a shame we missed out on the outright win column.

Storm will be tough on Saturday but hopefully we can bounce back and get a relatively straight forward win before we head off to a tough game on Tuesday at Vaxjo. Hopefully Richardson was resting and will be available agin for that one.

BostonBart22

Pacha 2nd best coach in the league?? You must be joking! He’s good but to say he’s 2nd best in the league is utterly ridiculous. What has he done to deserve that? Has he won anything? No.

On the bright side, good 2 points away against a good Dundee team, the guys must’ve been knackered after the journey considering we woke up early according to Devils twitter with Blood’s selfie so I’m very pleased that we won. Our PK and PP wasn’t good according to twitter though and apparently we tried playing fancy fancy on the 5 on 3
JET LAG ...LOL

BostonBart22

Chill out mate, there’s still a period left so it’s still doable to win and our 3rd periods are normally good! Said we should’ve signed Cownie throughout the offseason. Great young prospect
Wasn't he the player who had an issue with clan few yrs ago ...went AWOL on times . Seems like he got his head screwed on now though...better management probs

Gazza272

Wasn't he the player who had an issue with clan few yrs ago ...went AWOL on times . Seems like he got his head screwed on now though...better management probs

He didn't go AWOL, clan requested him for a game as he was on a two way contract at the time, Cownie had other commitments that meant he couldn't take up the spot at short notice, then Finnerty and Simms assassinated his character on Twitter for months afterwards.

Gazza272

For the game though, I felt 5 on 5 we looked far the better team, and a few times we had looks at goals and we didn't put the puck on net, instead we looked for the pretty pass and play. Maybe a tad complacent in that area.

Fair play to the Stars, they never give up, but even Pacha sounded surprised at the end of the second that it was tied. I thought we adapted well in the third period, it became more open and a bit more River hockey, but I felt our D was very composed, Blood and Batch particularly the standouts.

Then what can you say about Gleason Fournier, he is possibly the most composed hockey player i've seen in a Devils shirt. His balance, Skating and final product is just first class. How have we ever managed to keep him here for so long?