Stars Vs Devils - 24 Mar 19 - League

Rich Best

Didn't see the game tonight, was on family duty. It was a must win for Dundee and they found a way to win. Every team can beat every team this year, no surprise Dundee were up for it.

Perhaps results of the last couple of days made us a little complacent. I am sure that won't be the case next weekend if / when it comes down to the wire (assuming Belfast don't lose again). What a season this has been, thoroughly entertaining!

Let's not forget the feat that we are 3 points from achieving. I am 43, if we do this or not, I never expect to see a team do it again in the EIHL. 3 league titles in a row is huge. I just feel lucky to have supported this team for many years (through some crap times), and to be sitting here knowing it is still in our hands with two games left to play.

It would be really nice if the maths worked out so we could win it at home next Saturday, but I don't really care where we achieve this huge feat!

kingmo19.1

Didn't see the game tonight, was on family duty. It was a must win for Dundee and they found a way to win. Every team can beat every team this year, no surprise Dundee were up for it.

Perhaps results of the last couple of days made us a little complacent. I am sure that won't be the case next weekend if / when it comes down to the wire (assuming Belfast don't lose again). What a season this has been, thoroughly entertaining!

Let's not forget the feat that we are 3 points from achieving. I am 43, if we do this or not, I never expect to see a team do it again in the EIHL. 3 league titles in a row is huge. I just feel lucky to have supported this team for many years (through some crap times), and to be sitting here knowing it is still in our hands with two games left to play.

It would be really nice if the maths worked out so we could win it at home next Saturday, but I don't really care where we achieve this huge feat!
I've read some total rubbish on this Forum in the past, but come on Rich - 43 ???? :):):)

voth26

Lord needs to kick arse and get this title done and dususted if we lose it then the players r to blame total different performance from last night it will be a sickner if we hand it to the giants
Really I'm sure Lord will need your advice and act on it NOT, the team will be just as disappointed as the fans. Give credit to the stars wouldn't go amiss either, plus it sounds like stars 2nd goal was a bit dodgy if it went through a hole in the net and the 3rd took an unfortunate bounce of the boards and wrong footed bownsy giving stars an empty netter. Last night was a hell of a game with a really fast tempo.

voth26

We will be handing it to the giants for sure.
Because if we lose 2 out of the 4 games to the bottom 4 teams in the ttable them we don't deserve it.
So the your saying the effort the guys have put in so far over 58 games has been a waste of time and only the last 4 games count for anything?. Where people get their thoughts or opinions from really amazes me it really does. We have no God given right to win

Kevlar68

I've said it many times over this season that every team will have their day and last night Stars had one of those days the same as Storm against Giants. Those days are running out and we need the last 2 games to be our days, we have to control our destiny. Win ugly and get over the line.

Devilsatw

So the your saying the effort the guys have put in so far over 58 games has been a waste of time and only the last 4 games count for anything?. Where people get their thoughts or opinions from really amazes me it really does. We have no God given right to win
Of course we have the right to win...
We have the better team on paper and a massive budget compared to dundee.

RedDevil17

But Belfast have a bigger budget than Clan and Manchester. They lost to both and Clan shut them out 5-0 the other week. Nottingham have a bigger budget than fife, they lost to them last night as well as losing to Dundee a few weeks ago. But they have the better team on paper remember...

We beat Vaxjo 5-1 last season. Competed with the best in Europe this season and gave a great show in of ourselves. We have a very small budget compared to them lot I’d imagine.

Truth is any team can upset anyone on any night and yesterday was one of them nights. We go again next weekend!

Rob Batch

I am gobsmacked that the Stars survived the onslaught of P3. Good news is we have a weekend of hockey ahead of us that is unsurpassed in meaningfulness. ie 'shit or bust' ! Can't wait !!

ASHIPP

Think the loss was on the cards. Every season in recent years, the Devils have played a nemesis team at this time of year fighting for a playoff spot. Invariably it's been one of the Scottish teams or the Blaze. These teams always bring their A game and show real determination. Don't think the Devils planned to lose last night - the Stars just capitalised on those chances and played defensively very well. Good planning and preparation against these teams is all well and good - the execution of a game plan is all that matters. Congratulations to the Stars for showing their character and getting that result.

If our team has an Achilles Heal this season, then it is maintaining consistency. World beaters and unplayable one night, then hit a bump in the road to upset the flow. Hope that's the last bump they have to negotiate.

Rich Best

Yeah it always works out that way in sport doesn't it - Leicester City... PSG spend zillions on players, yet can't buy the champions league.

We haven't got the biggest budget in the league, but have won the EIHL twice in a row. Kind of blows your argument out of the water.

We don't have a god given right to win, we have to earn it. Every team in this league is competitive, even MK. It is such a great league this year, the most competitive ever.