Stars Vs Devils - 24 Mar 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils make the long trip north to Dundee Sunday night. I don't think the Stars are statistically out of the playoff spots yet but its close. Dundee played Coventry last night so at least have had the same midweek schedule as the Devils. 3 Games to go.

The_Puck

If we win tonight and Belfast fail to win, then it’s all over. If Belfast lose in regulation tonight, we only need a point.

Devils86

From my understanding we need 3 points to secure the league title so tonight is a must win and the MK game needs to be a win as well
Giants on 84 with 4 games to go, Max 8 points = 92

We are on 90 with 3 games to go. 3 games to get 3 points.

That presumes Giants win all their games. If they lose tonight in regulation then their max points come down to 90, which we could surpass with an OT loss or a win.

If Giants lose in OT their new max points would be 91, which we could surpass with a win.

So Giants must match or better our result or it’s goodnight.

Swarley

Giants on 84 with 4 games to go, Max 8 points = 92

We are on 90 with 3 games to go. 3 games to get 3 points.

That presumes Giants win all their games. If they lose tonight in regulation then their max points come down to 90, which we could surpass with an OT loss or a win.

If Giants lose in OT their new max points would be 91, which we could surpass with a win.

So Giants must match or better our result or it’s goodnight.
Fingers crossed Belfast bottle it, I've heard Besko, Darcy Murphy and another key player is suffering with an injury so it could be the steelers night if they don't fall apart as well

Devils86

We just focus on ourselves - we can’t influence the Giants v Steelers match. 2 points tonight mean that it’s either all over or we could win the league next weekend.

But in any event those points won’t be easy - and we can’t just expect to show up and be given them.

Come on Devils

Wannabe2

Think the lads will turn it around though, they know Giants are winning, they now know they have to step up a gear, mind you that extra gear should be from the beginning. What confuses me is why don’t we start physical like last night, yes it’s game 2 in 2 days but Stars ain’t got any big guys. Come on lads let’s do this.