Stars v Devils - 19 Jan 20 - League

ASHIPP

Congratulations to the Stars..... a hardworking team with plenty of spirit and no expectations who seem to be able to manage the distances they travel.

Had us down for 4th place finish in the League this season. And that's probably about right. Devils simply not consistent enough to deserve to be higher.

The teams this year are younger, faster and more organised than before. Thought this is what we were promised for our team in the off season.

I was scoffed at by some for daring to acknowledge that Steelers are a great team and would be worthy league champions this season. Devils' games in hand are going to be meaningless soon as Steelers extend their lead at the top. I am not even convinced our team could make those games count when you look at who they are playing!

Last edited:

terry hunt

Anyway the Steelers are not that good they only scraped an odd goal win against us.
Dundee showed them how to do it but hang on the Steelers have one of their best suspended and 2 top players injured.

This team sucks this season we need a complete overall for next season 7 or 8 players need to go and we need an import goalie for bowns to fight for a place and not be guaranteed to play every game, they played like a championship team in front of owners last week and now gone back to normal ways , i know lord is a great coach but maybe he needs to show who the boss is and stop being soft hearted read riot act now before title goes to steelers grr

jenks33

Just saw the goals. I have absolutely no pleasure in criticising bownsy as I love the guy but Christ he would want that first goal back. He’s really struggling

august04

If I was a betting man, I’d wager the Panthers to finish ahead of us in the league now. Their turnaround has been remarkable and they are right back in the mix. But then again, didn’t they make changes when it wasn’t going well a couple of months back? Like Sheffield and Belfast. Yet our club thinks we can’t do that without damaging our reputation?! There are players in this team, who shouldn’t be with us now after the season they’ve had and it’s weak management that they still are here.

Last edited:

mjh

Well you can guarantee one thing with the Devils... Consistently inconsistent! Would like to see Omar Pascha at the helm should Lordo eventually move on. He's always competing even with very low budget. Not that I want Lord to go anywhere.

moggy#9

If I was a betting man, I’d favour the Panthers to finish ahead of us in the league now. Their turnaround has been remarkable and they are right back in the mix. But then again, didn’t they make changes when it wasn’t going well a couple of months back? Like Sheffield and Belfast. Yet our club thinks we can’t do that without damaging our reputation?! There are players in this team, who shouldn’t be with us now after the season they’ve had and it’s weak management that they still are here.
There are going to be some big decisions ahead for the owners in the summer. Still, I don't think we're going to have the CHL as a distraction next season.

doron

it's a bit like horse racing? Lol

its a 4 horse race, but Sheffield are the ones with the best stamina.
Nottingham are the 50-1 outsider, sneaking up the outside,
Belfast's jockey is holding on for his life
and Cardiff keeps going off course and seems scared of edges.

( on another note i do believe our team is too old overall compared to other teams ) Sheffield are playing well.

Wannabe2

it's a bit like horse racing? Lol

its a 4 horse race, but Sheffield are the ones with the best stamina.
Nottingham are the 50-1 outsider, sneaking up the outside,
Belfast's jockey is holding on for his life
and Cardiff keeps going off course and seems scared of edges.

( on another note i do believe our team is too old overall compared to other teams ) Sheffield are playing well.
Think our average age is 31, with Steelers at 30, but may be incorrect

Gospel

pivotal weekend for the league title and we came up short and unless we can change things up we can forget about any silverware this season.

How many games have we played against teams who have had short benches and either lost or struggled? For a team that was said to be faster, stronger & more physical than last years team to be playing like that simply isnt acceptable.

We seem void of ideas and some of the guys dont seem to be playing to the systems, why?

As others have said the fitness of the guys seems poor this season and if nobody is keeping on top of it thats shocking!

Wannabe2

Fair comment you would prefer to be in a competition that you ain’t going anywhere but travel a lot, but you “ bond” ,
over a competition that you may win and brings in more loot for the club. Fair comment we all have our views.

Something just didn't feel right from the start of the season for me.In an interview Lordo said the we missed out on a number of players(probably often the case) but whatever the reasons I always thought that he didn't have the team he wanted. Now we are still in the hunt & lots of hockey to play but we are going to have to find something from somewhere if we are going to win silverware. Joey Martin has been a big loss & I want him as a Devil for as long as he is playing hockey but maybe a season too long for some. Oh I would love a Dufour buzzing round the ice & finding the net. Really think a lack of fitness/conditioning guy is having an impact too.

moggy#9

Fair comment you would prefer to be in a competition that you ain’t going anywhere but travel a lot, but you “ bond” ,
over a competition that you may win and brings in more loot for the club. Fair comment we all have our views.
Well I've not been lucky enough to go on a euro adventure since Tilburg in the early 90s. But I consider the right of the team to test itself against the best as the prime reward for winning the league. I can't attend a huge number of games each season, but I'll always make sure I have a ticket to all the CHL home games. Certainly better than having to watch teams that we'll play umpteen times in a season anyway IMHO.

Wannabe2

Well I've not been lucky enough to go on a euro adventure since Tilburg in the early 90s. But I consider the right of the team to test itself against the best as the prime reward for winning the league. I can't attend a huge number of games each season, but I'll always make sure I have a ticket to all the CHL home games. Certainly better than having to watch teams that we'll play umpteen times in a season anyway IMHO.
How do you know if you never come.