Stanley Cup Final Tampa v Dallas

rocketbob

I think that they had a few guys who could have won the conn Smythe. Excellent team, but I wonder how hard it'll be too keep them together and at this level.
They may need to let Tyler Johnson go and worst case scenario Stamkos as well. But for now the Bolts did an amazing job and there will many well deserved celebrations and plaudits. It was nice to see them in Stockholm this year and I am hoping to see them down the bay for an exhibition match soon (just joking).

Last edited:

ASHIPP

My God how good is Victor Hedman, this guy is absolutely untrue, great player, and also Brandon Pointe what a player, and who wouldn’t want Cedric Paquette.

Hedman was a Norris finalist this year. A special player.
Tampa have cleverly built and developed their team gradually over the last few seasons. Now they have absolute quality on every line, including (probably) the best goalie in the NHL in recent years, Vasilevsky.
So well deserved to be Champions this year after being bridesmaids in the closing rounds for so long.

moggy#9

Now they’ve won this, anyone think lightning will strike twice and they’ll also win it next year? :)
It's an incredibly difficult thing to do given the level of parity in the NHL these days. Personally I think that the oilers are just a few pieces short of a cup run.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #45
It’s such amazing hockey, it just blows you away that people can be so unbelievably good, the speed is untrue, knowing where your mate is without looking, , the incredible skill while someone is trying to destroy you, the netminding, the hits, 4 games in 6 days what a sport.