Standing Area

Kevlar68

This is because I think we are seeing the real fanbase right now. At the pointy end of the season if we are chasing trophies, all the wannabees get off their arses and join in.....
Again another misguided comment. Just cause your standing and chanting doesn't mean your "The real fanbase", many many who go have been fans since the 80's and 90's and don't stand or chant but it doesn't make them less of a fan.
Everyone is a fan in their own way and the way they are is the type of person they are and you can't change that.

Again another misguided comment. Just cause your standing and chanting doesn't mean your "The real fanbase", many many who go have been fans since the 80's and 90's and don't stand or chant but it doesn't make them less of a fan.
Everyone is a fan in their own way and the way they are is the type of person they are and you can't change that.
In fairness I think rolf is talking about the number of empty seats, referring to people getting off their arses from their houses to go to the arena to watch the game

Have Hope#35

Maybe but i don't think so as you wouldn't "get off your arses and join in" at home which is rolf's last statement.
He definitely was... He clearly means that some fans wait to see if the team are going to Win something before they bother to show up! Last few seasons it's the Second half of the season when the sell outs start to come thick and fast.

Kevlar68

Ah well i don't read it like that as this thread is about standing area, standing chanting fans and the tickets remaining is about the standing area.
If you look at the seating plan the arena is almost a sell out and its the beginning of the season.

pjj365

Agree with this but there are fans who would join in the new chants and songs if only they knew them and/or could hear them when they break out in isolated clusters. I think there may be some surprises tomorrow

kingmo19.1

After all the hype and publicity, there's massive pressure now on Block 13 to pull this off!

Will they pull it off ??

Will they do the anthem ?

What if they get out-sung by the Blaze fans - Would we be able to live that down ?

Even worse, what if they are out-sung by another Devils block ??

If so, could there be a Block 13 internal revolt to find their vocal leader ?

Will Tom Jones turn up and take part ?

What if Block 13 are so loud the club is subsequently inundated with hearing-loss complaints from the occupants of blocks 12 & 14 ?

Have we thought this through ? :)

BostonBart22

After all the hype and publicity, there's massive pressure now on Block 13 to pull this off!

Will they pull it off ??

What if they get out-sung by the Blaze fans - Would we be able to live that down ?

What if Block 13 are so loud the club is subsequently inundated with hearing-loss complaints from the occupants of blocks 12 & 14 ?

heard there are ear plugs on sale in the shop, health and safety and all that.

Swarley

Will they pull it off ??

Easy enough to answer in this order.

Yes.

Yes.

Haha no chance.

Bring it on!

We are one!

If only!

It's a risk they're willing to take lol.

Devils86

Will they pull it off ??

Former “Choir Master” of a football club many moons ago speaking...if you have 2 or 3 people gunning for the No.1 position it only adds to the atmosphere as long as you adhere to the rule of not trying to chant across another chant.

Leading a choir can go to a whole another level with perfect timing - it’s all about picking the right chant/song for the right moment.

You’ll never have 1 master. Otherwise when that 1 Master isn’t there (for whatever reason) it all turns to s***.

Always said the most important person is not the person who STARTS the chant, but the second person who joins in. That second person invites others and gives the chant (I want to say “authenticity” but that’s not the word I mean”)...

Without the 2nd person a quality chant, timed perfectly, and for the perfect context...will die.

Devilsatw

Isn't about them giving us something to cheer about it's about us giving them the atmosphere they can thrive in to show how skilled they are.

We do our part the boys will do theirs and it should be a hell of a game.
Of course it’s there job to help us out!!
Only so much signing the fans can do.
If the players are not up for it or don’t throw a hit etc then the fans will die out and it will become a poor atmosphere like most weeks

I loved the standing section tonight, they did not stop chanting all the way through the game, they created an atmosphere I've always wanted to hear at a hockey match, they were fantastic. And for the players to applaud them after the game was pure class, I'm so proud to be a supporter... A shout out to Todd to sanction this tonight, it worked a treat, more of this please xxx