Standing Area

The_Puck

Remove 3 blocks? i think starting with one to start and see if that gets filled before removing the other 2.

And i sit in block 4 so i'd be against that block being used and most of those seats get bought or are season ticket holders in 3,4 and 5.

Blocks 13,14 and 15 would be the obvious choice as that's where the most empty seats are.
I just don’t think it would work as well if the standers are the other side of the rink where the devils shoot twice. You never see that in any rink around the league or even in Europe. And placing the loud fans next to the away fans in almost looking for trouble.

pjj365

There were a few brave attempts at the "away" songs last night from Block 4

The-Puck is right though it is the arena which stops them spreading. Block 4 could not always be heard because other chants were starting off in other blocks. Also, the DJ coming in when they are just starting does not help - but can the DJ hear what is happening in different blocks and thus know to keep off the tunes when a new (or any) chant is just starting up?

Kevlar68

Think you'd lose many season ticket holders if 3,4 and 5 were used that's why it would have to be where there are hardly any seats taken.
They buy those seats because they like to sit behind that goal.
If they were changed to standing it doesn't mean those people would still want to be there.
In those blocks there are quite a few mature fans and children so think that section is a no go.

As for loud fans being next to opposing fans look how loud some of the away fans have been and they're next to home fans, this isn't football so can't see that being an issue.
We've got one of the loudest away supporters and they're always next to home fans and no hassle there.

Last edited:
I just don’t think it would work as well if the standers are the other side of the rink where the devils shoot twice. You never see that in any rink around the league or even in Europe. And placing the loud fans next to the away fans in almost looking for trouble.
I like your sentiment but there is no way on earth we would touch the horseshoe of blocks 2,3,4 and 5. I'm an ST in 5 and I know thats where there is solid ST take up. There are only 2 or 3 in the far end (I've made enquiries about this). so it would be more feasible there. I have personally spoke with around 200 ST holders who would relocate to the far end in a blink of an eye. No one would have a problem seeing the Devils attack once, in fact it may solve the dreaded 2nd period lull.

Wannabe2

If you want to piss off hundreds of season ticket holders, try telling them they no longer sit in the area that the Devils attack twice, that they have sat since the opening day, and are now going to be sat in the crappier opposite end. That surely is a no brainer, and most certainly would reduce the attendance. It’s obvious if you want a standing area, and myself I can’t see it happening, you put it where most seats are rarely used.

I guess the people who are against the idea of a dedicated area for people who want to sing/wave flags/support the team more vocally missed the interview where Todd said how awesome it was and how much the guys on the ice appreciated it *shrug* no one is obligated to get involved, but I think a designated area for fans who want to support in this way, whether an assigned block or new standing area, is a fantastic idea! I'd be there 100%

pjj365

I guess the people who are against the idea of a dedicated area for people who want to sing/wave flags/support the team more vocally missed the interview where Todd said how awesome it was and how much the guys on the ice appreciated it *shrug* no one is obligated to get involved, but I think a designated area for fans who want to support in this way, whether an assigned block or new standing area, is a fantastic idea! I'd be there 100%
I'm sure there are some against but not noticed any on here (may have missed it). Do not confuse querying the logistics as being against

Kevlar68

Not seen anyone against it, there are just people who would or would not want to stand, no one has said it's a bad idea

Not seen anyone against it, there are just people who would or would not want to stand, no one has said it's a bad idea
I'm not saying any of you have said that you're explicitly against it - I'm saying that there ARE people against it and I don't understand why when the players appreciate it and have been asking for the same in the arena and nobody is obliged to participate ‍♀️

This is precisely why I avoid this forum like the plague - the pathetic bickering over petty misunderstandings far outweighs the interesting content, I'm afraid

Kevlar68

Well you did decide join the thread and people are just giving answers, don't think its bickering, we are just going by answers on this thread that we have seen and no one on this thread has been against it.

Kevlar68

Again if read properly in context with the whole thread that statement above Solelace84's original post is about blocks 3,4 and 5 going all standing,they also didn't say they were against it, they just said they can't see it happening.

To bicker is to argue and can't see an argument just opinions and statements.

CaldicotDevil

I'm not saying any of you have said that you're explicitly against it - I'm saying that there ARE people against it and I don't understand why when the players appreciate it and have been asking for the same in the arena and nobody is obliged to participate ‍♀️

This is precisely why I avoid this forum like the plague - the pathetic bickering over petty misunderstandings far outweighs the interesting content, I'm afraid
Standing section is a great idea. The Viola atmosphere just struggles with pockets of chants at different times unless it’s a big game. Personally I think it would have to go in Bronze seats otherwise our fan base would have a full meltdown.

This might not be everyone cup of tea but I think if we made standing tickets £10 a ticket or £8 a tickets with a ST then it’ll attract a lot of more students.

Wannabe2

I didn’t say I was against it, try reading that again, I said in my view it shouldn’t be in blocks 2,3, 4 . I like noise at games the louder the better, it is obviously easier in bigger arenas. I actually said I can’t see it happening not that I was against it.

Swarley

I like your sentiment but there is no way on earth we would touch the horseshoe of blocks 2,3,4 and 5. I'm an ST in 5 and I know thats where there is solid ST take up. There are only 2 or 3 in the far end (I've made enquiries about this). so it would be more feasible there. I have personally spoke with around 200 ST holders who would relocate to the far end in a blink of an eye. No one would have a problem seeing the Devils attack once, in fact it may solve the dreaded 2nd period lull.
As someone who sits behind Bowns for two periods I'd love a standing section I feel he deserves to have a large group of fans keep him and the defence motivated, and as for the away section, they don't deserve to be louder than us in our own barn! It's our duty to make sure they're drowned out by us but that hardly ever happens.