Standing Area

I’m not going to be in the standing area, but I’m looking forward to seeing how it works and hope it’s successful. Has the potential to be awesome.

I’m hoping for some variation though - an entire block chanting just ‘let’s go devils’ and ‘devils *duh duh duh* devils’ on repeat for the entire game might send me insane!

Swarley

I’m not going to be in the standing area, but I’m looking forward to seeing how it works and hope it’s successful. Has the potential to be awesome.

I’m hoping for some variation though - an entire block chanting just ‘let’s go devils’ and ‘devils *duh duh duh* devils’ on repeat for the entire game might send me insane!
Hopefully we'll have a fair few chants that are gonna be different from the standard ones, can always organise a little before puck drops on songs we can sing

I think the standing area will be great! I sit in block 10 and we're usually quite a loud bunch in there, so I'm looking forward to joining in the chants with the standing block!

Gazza272

I think the standing area will be great! I sit in block 10 and we're usually quite a loud bunch in there, so I'm looking forward to joining in the chants with the standing block!
I think this is Key, we don't to just rely on Block 13, they should almost be like conductors to keep everyone on the same tunes, and get the whole rink rocking.

i'm hoping some fan's don't meet them with resentment, glad to see Block 10 on board!

Swarley

I think this is Key, we don't to just rely on Block 13, they should almost be like conductors to keep everyone on the same tunes, and get the whole rink rocking.

i'm hoping some fan's don't meet them with resentment, glad to see Block 10 on board!
If we can't get the entire arena going from block 13 then it'll be a massive failure, but i know some of the blocks are looking forward to the standing section leading the way.

Kevlar68

I hope it all goes amazingly for you in block 13 and it's a great success and i hope it's still going when i get back from Greece in November but i myself will just continue to sit on the edge of my seat enjoying the hockey. GOOD LUCK GUYS!

I get quite frustrated when there's a complete lack of atmosphere there. I first started watching the devil's in the bbt and that place was incredible! Hooked from my first game and been a season ticket holder for 6 seasons now! The atmosphere in the old block 3 there was incredible. Seems to have been diluted a little bit in the new arena so hoping this standing block will bring it back! Might even try to convince the girlfriend to move over there ;)
I'm looking forward to Saturday and seeing what the atmosphere is like :)

voth26

I sit in block 5 and I'm forever chanting along with the same fans game in and in game out. There are loads of people who sit in block 5 and the surrounding blocks who don't clap or cheer. Their either talking the whole game or fitting and telling us to be quiet. really hope the standing block takes off and we get the atmosphere going and hopefully it lifts the guys and shows them we support them

BostonBart22

What would be great in the standing block are the old air horns , loved them in the old days at wnir until we were banned taking them in , anyone know if they are allowed in the VIOLA

Kevlar68

I sit in block 5 and I'm forever chanting along with the same fans game in and in game out. There are loads of people who sit in block 5 and the surrounding blocks who don't clap or cheer. Their either talking the whole game or fitting and telling us to be quiet. really hope the standing block takes off and we get the atmosphere going and hopefully it lifts the guys and shows them we support them
I sit in block 4 all season, i don't chant or join in with the clapping, i'm there to watch the game, i don't talk the whole game or tut telling people to be quiet, i shout when i need to, i clap when it's a good play or save, so please don't summaries that anyone who isn't getting involved is the polar opposite as we're not. After all i sit in the block with drummers and i don't have a problem with them or chanting fans.
In fact i have more of a problem with fans who are there and don't seem interested at all in the game as for most of it they're on their phones. 2 females of about 20-25 years old that sit in front of me are never off their phones the whole game and miss almost every goal or good plays, why bother coming.

Last edited:
I sit in block 4 all season, i don't chant or join in with the clapping, i'm there to watch the game, i don't talk the whole game or tut telling people to be quiet, i shout when i need to, i clap when it's a good play or save, so please don't summaries that anyone who isn't getting involved is the polar opposite as we're not. After all i sit in the block with drummers and i don't have a problem with them or chanting fans.
In fact i have more of a problem with fans who are there and don't seem interested at all in the game as for most of it they're on their phones. 2 females of about 20-25 years old that sit in front of me are never off their phones the whole game and miss almost every goal or good plays, why bother coming.
This is a good point, I hope that fans who don't join in with chants are not made villains in all this, some people just prefer to react to the game they're watching rather than just chanting all the way through the game.

I'm looking forward to the new loud block but it's something that would take time to bed in not just 1game, hopefully if it works on Saturday it can become a regular thing,

rolf

This is because I think we are seeing the real fanbase right now. At the pointy end of the season if we are chasing trophies, all the wannabees get off their arses and join in.....

Have Hope#35

In fairness it's only around 200-250 left to sell in Block 14, 15 & 16 - The rest is just Single Seats and the Away Block! That's pretty good for an early season Challenge Cup Game!