Squealers V Blaze

Gough60

Thread starter #1
1-0 to blaze end of 1st. Even though I am probably the no 1 blaze hater, so would love them to do the Orange men tonight.

Russky

Like you I despise the Blaze, but I dislike the squeelers even more - if that's possible. I want the Blaze to give them a right physical 'going over' tonight but didn't envisage this scoreline. Just wondering if Squeelers are 'soft pedalling' tonight to save themselves for tomorrow, realising it is their only slim chance of a trophy this year, having already given up on the league.

Great result for us and leaves Steelers relying on us to lose all our remaining games and Giants to more or less only beat us in their remaining games ....I don't think that is going to happen .......!

Great result for us and leaves Steelers relying on us to lose all our remaining games and Giants to more or less only beat us in their remaining games ....I don't think that is going to happen .......!
And for them to win all their remaining games, with most in regulation.

Earnie

It was just a shameful sham by Sheffield.
They should have had more respect for their fans.
Different team will turn up tomorrow

ASHIPP

Can never ever underestimate the Steelers. If anything, tonight's result will have them fired up even more for tomorrow's game. Am sure Lordo and the Devils will be fully aware of that.

Wagstaff

I think their fans will understand, the league is gone and tomorrow is far more important but if that were the case surely they would have done better to start Brad Day and not have Mustokovs go into tomorrow having let 4 in, not the best preparation for him!

Russky

Awww Rusky, don't hate us!
We're really quite nice people if you spare the time to get to know us!
Its nothing personal against any of the Blaze fans including your good self. It goes back along way to the Devils/Blaze rivalry of the BNL days. I remember meeting and having a good times with some Blaze fans in that Pub round the corner from the Skydome, cant remember what it was called then i.e. at least ten or twelve years ago.

Last edited:

Russky

I think tonights performance shows that the Steelers realise their title challenge is over and that, as I posted earlier, their only chance of silverware is the Challenge Cup, before the regular season ends. I am not discounting the play offs, but its the League the clubs want to win, that of itself will be a strong motivational factor for them aside of getting revenge for two years ago.

Don't be fooled. The real Sheffield Steelers will show up tomorrow. The team that played tonight was a poor imitation of a Steelers team, with their focus already on tormorrows game.

Last edited: