Sointu?

Imp

Thread starter #1
Does anyone know if Sointu is still a Devil?
Best info seemed to be that his initial contract was until end September.

Swarley

Does anyone know if Sointu is still a Devil?
Best info seemed to be that his initial contract was until end September.
Speculation was his contract ended yesterday, so until they announce something I'd guess he's still with us, hopefully they extended his contract as he has been pretty good for us

Kelman mentioned there was budget constraints with sointu long term. If Riley and McNamee where fit he would probably be gone but reckon it will be extended till we have a full roster etc.

CaldicotDevil

I think Sointu will go. Mosey is always posting his rehab on social media and he's seems to be well ahead of schedule for a return after his ACL. If we have Mosey back I don't think we should sign Sointu as there too similar a style of player. Ideal situation is we have Sointu for another month or keep him till he gets an offer in.

Hedd Wyn John

I think Sointu will go. Mosey is always posting his rehab on social media and he's seems to be well ahead of schedule for a return after his ACL. If we have Mosey back I don't think we should sign Sointu as there too similar a style of player. Ideal situation is we have Sointu for another month or keep him till he gets an offer in.
While I'd love Mosey to be back pronto with an ACL I'd think he's still a good while off coming back.

I think Sointu has been alright, better than playing short and Mosey hasn't been given permission to start back skating yet so he's still a way off from getting back into the team, like bostonbart said, Mcnamee is the worry, and lords reply to his situation wasn't the best

CaldicotDevil

While I'd love Mosey to be back pronto with an ACL I'd think he's still a good while off coming back.
I did mine and it 12 months to heal but modern athletes it’s more 5/6 months now with full time physio. Looking at the rehab exercises he’s doing I reckon he could be back in Mid/Late November. Shows how good.a physio network we’ve got. Even if it healed, psychological it may take longer for Mosey to really be 100%.

Just my 10p worth...

I think Sointu is a superb player and I'd be delighted to keep him if possible.

He's one of those guys I love because his puck management is so good and he plays a heads up, puck movement game.

I appreciate he hasn't got a dynamic skating stride or a particularly lethal release...but he's one of those guys who helps get good zone exit, good transition through the neutral zone and then good zone entry.

When we then get set up on the cycle he really goes to work.

The type of guy who goes under the radar, then in March you say 'wow, that guy got 65 points - how did that happen?!'.

Cheers,

John

moggy#9

I know it's all about budget but, if we let him go, I'd hate to see him end up at a rival club. The way he easily slotted into the team speaks volumes about his class.

Diablo3

Wasn't it Lordo that said he could still play at a higher level, so it's not just budget, but if there are any other offers. I'd love him to stay.