So 11 teams - how to keep 3 conference system

Wagstaff

The conferences will continue to exist if and when Hull or a scottish team enter the party. The main question will be whether we go back to more in conference games and fewer out of conference games. In terms of equality, this is the fairest way.
The conferences haven’t gone anywhere!

“The three Conferences will still remain, but all league games against Conference opponents will count towards the Conference Championship

The Gardiner Conference will now only have three teams instead of four, following Edinburgh’s departure, but each team will get 30 home games compared to 28 last year”

trapped

I agree completely, sorry... my post wasn't the clearest on that. It should have said "will continue to exist EVEN if and when Hull"

The point still stands though. If and when we get Hull/Scottish team, the main question will be if we revert to having more in conference games.

Devil94

Interesting interview with Ryan Finnerty, saying that there were talks with the Tilburg Trappers to join the league as the 12th team. Didn’t materialise this year but talks ongoing and possible in the future.

They won the German third tier last season, but are unable to get promoted as the league wants the top 2 divisions to be only German sides. So they’re stuck, and likely to win the third division again this year.

I think it would be great to see them join the league. Don’t think they’ll be threatening for the title in their first few years, but I think they would be a solid mid table side.

Great for fans too, not too difficult to get to. Not too far from Amsterdam for flying, and even closer to Rotterdam ferry port.