Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Samael

Makes you wonder if the three stacked lines Belfast are gambling with is such a good idea then as fatigue and injuries hurt both us and Shuff. It's going to be an interesting February and March that's for sure

kingmo19.1

Nationality and passport are actually irrelevant under EIHL.

A ‘Brit’ is actually a home-grown player I.e. someone who has played at least two years of junior hockey n the UK before the age of 16.
An ‘import’ is someone who doesn’t fit the above criteria.

So your import status for the EIHL is set when you turn 16 and can’t be changed.
looks like it was 18 last season and not 16.

https://the-inferno.co.uk/new-eihl-21-22-roster-regulations/

Finny

Steelers to announce another signing Tuesday. Spare import presumably?

Not too surprising considering a couple of their players have injury issues in recent seasons.

ASHIPP

Steelers to announce another signing Tuesday. Spare import presumably?

Not too surprising considering a couple of their players have injury issues in recent seasons.
Another netminder? They only have their new Swedish goalie and two youngsters on two-way contracts?

Finny

Another netminder? They only have their new Swedish goalie and two youngsters on two-way contracts?
Quite possibly.
id assumed they’d be splitting the backup duty between the two brits at Hull. But after re-reading the press release for that maybe they won’t, or will have two import netminders with only one on the roster each game.

Finny

I'm guessing that we'll bring a spare in around October or November as usual.
It’s certainly worked out for us in the past. Tyson Strachan being the standout example.

Wait until you’re two months in so you can see where you need strengthening. By which time you start to get players who were hoping for AHL contracts become available.

moggy#9

It's certainly a departure from signing players on their reputation, which Steelers have done a lot in the past. If things don't click fairly quickly in Sheffield, I can see there being a revolving door. If fox gets them no silverware this season, he'll be gone.

Slartibartfast

Having looked through Steelers forward roster I have to say Im not impressed. Yes they have a couple with AHL experience and a 20 year old with a little NHL experience but most of them have very average stats. They don't look like they will be the goal machine of previous years. Im predicting a 3rd or 4th place for Steelers

Devil94

Sheffield sign another import. I now make that 17 for them. One of their imports is injured and misses the start, and they might dress only import nettie, so possibly 1 spare to start. But you can see the desperation in the Steelers to win the league again, they're going all out.

ASHIPP

Sheffield sign another import. I now make that 17 for them. One of their imports is injured and misses the start, and they might dress only import nettie, so possibly 1 spare to start. But you can see the desperation in the Steelers to win the league again, they're going all out.
Nothing desperate in this move at all. They are replacing temporarily a player who is on IR, which is their perogative. And definitely not writing off the Steelers this year. They will be up there again.

Let's hope the Devils are as pro-active with injury cover this season. Don't think we can cope with another farcical situation playing 4 d men instead of 6 due to injury.