Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Finny

They lost Reinhart so not sure if that is an upgrade or not
Good point. I’d forgotten they announced earlier today he wasn’t returning. This new guy will probably score more but has nowhere near the experience Reinhart had.
They still have a couple of signings to announce but if the rumours on THF are true there’s nothing to worry about too much. Unless they have found a couple of quality brits from somewhere they’re going to struggle with only 3 lines.

Which makes signing 4 dedicated centres an odd decision. Even more so if Garside will play much of the season as a forward as he is most experienced as a centre too.

moggy#9

Interesting to see the panthers new netminder. Very limited pro experience. I get the impression that netminding is being downgraded across the league.

Devil94

Teams seem to be spreading their goalie budget more evenly across their 2 goalies, rather than a stud and a young British back up. Means more depth of course but the number 1 being less established than previous years. I think our tandem looks the strongest so far.

Kevlar68

Garet hunt rumoured to be leaving Nottingham before playing a game. Her didn't even get as far as their equivalent of a Cardiff castle trip.
I can't remember the young guys name as it was that short a signing for us about 3 seasons ago, he didn't even go through Cardiff on a train.

moggy#9

I can't remember the young guys name as it was that short a signing for us about 3 seasons ago, he didn't even go through Cardiff on a train.
That was Parise, wasn't it? There was one in the lawless era who departed before anyone except lawless meet him. Was that Castron or fiore? (Edit: yes Tony fiore spent an afternoon in Cardiff in October 1992)

Last edited:

kettdevil1

.... and actually there is a related point that this post raises. Can anyone remember the name of the Murrayfield coach who was sacked after one training session? It may be my brain playing tricks on me but I have a feeling he had a name similar to Fiore..... I also want to know how bad that training session was.....

Wannabe2

That was Parise, wasn't it? There was one in the lawless era who departed before anyone except lawless meet him. Was that Castron or fiore? (Edit: yes Tony fiore spent an afternoon in Cardiff in October 1992)
Yep Tony Fiore, arrived in Cardiff booked into the hotel opposite the WNIR, in the afternoon and due to play in the night, then had a phone call saying his previous club the Milan Devils had been saved from liquidation and wanted him back, so he never turned up on the night and was gone back before room service had arrived. Lawless couldn’t believe what was going on.

Samael

Yep Tony Fiore, arrived in Cardiff booked into the hotel opposite the WNIR, in the afternoon and due to play in the night, then had a phone call saying his previous club the Milan Devils had been saved from liquidation and wanted him back, so he never turned up on the night and was gone back before room service had arrived. Lawless couldn’t believe what was going on.
I hope he was put up in jury's hotel and not the big sleep, which was always dodgy looking. I think if I'd have flown in and was put in there I'd have been on the next flight home too. While l always thought the world of Lawless he did treat some players like crap so l can understand why players buggered off. l heard he gave Jamie Van der horst a bus pass and not a corporate car when he was here!
It was a different time back then though, a beer league literally sponsored by Heineken Lol

Samael

I'm thinking of the dump that was owned by John Malkovich. It was on the other side of the road across from Jury's. I used to collect my season tickets from an office next door and it always gave me the heebee geebies walking past it as a teenager.

Kevlar68

Yeah that was Big Sleep that John Malkovich put his name too, stayed there once and curtains were like Chewbacca had been skinned and hung up on curtain rail.
Not sure what date it changed over from Holiday Inn to Marriots but it was 1992.

Samael

Wasn't the holiday inn/marriot opposite Mill Lane? Eh whatever, this is all massively derailing the topic which is player signings. Sorry, carry on....