Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Mooney#16

I see Giants are being linked with Corey Neilson’s other son who would be classed as a Brit but sure they are also scouring the other Brits abroad as well. They desperately need to retain Scott Conway though or they will have a depth problem. My hunch says he’s signed and being held back though for a big PR bit.

Did get me thinking though. Would Brendan Perlini be classed as a Brit or an import as on elite prospects he has a couple seasons played junior conference before going back to North America at U14. He’s a free agent by looks of it but a point per game player in the AHL so nowhere near heading back this way but for later in his career his stock would be through the roof as an NHL calibre Brit.

kettdevil1

One of the worst sides in a league worse than the EIHL. Strange one.
14th out of 17 last season I believe and then knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.

I wonder if he is using it as a stepping stone to greater things? I quick scan of players we would know that have been signed from the league or have subsequently signed there include: Vallerand, (Brett) Perlini, Slater Doggett and Massimo Carozza so a few decent ones in there.

Lovely town as well!

A winter season in Kitzbuhel being paid to live in an amazing place and ski/snowboard everyday. What’s not to like. He’ll have a great year and it will have nothing to do with hockey I suspect.
A season in that league is much better for him than another season in the comfort of the EIHL. For years everyone stayed in their comfort zones and its nice to finally see quite a few brits being open to playing abroad!

Living there sounds amazing in principal but what most people don't realise is that some hockey teams in the alps ban players from skiing/snowboarding as they don't want to risk them picking up unnecessary injuries. Even if they do allow it, you then have to weigh it up if its worth potentially picking up injuries and getting cut from the team.

Pondlife

I'm surprised that Keefe has the appetite for a rebuild season. I would have thought he'd look for newer challenges elsewhere rather than trying to repeat previous successes with unknowns.

moggy#9

Going to whisper this quietly, but I think our Recruitment has been far superior so far compared to our usual competitors!
There's still a few signings to be announced at other teams. For the Steelers the netminding will be crucial. It certainly looks like toughness might be a feature of some teams. From what little I've seen of their recruitment I can see nothing but a season of struggle for fife, manchester, Coventry, and possibly Guildford. From our signings I'm quietly confident and I think we could have quite a decent showing in the continental cup too.

I'm surprised that Keefe has the appetite for a rebuild season. I would have thought he'd look for newer challenges elsewhere rather than trying to repeat previous successes with unknowns.
Its a rebuild each year, nothing new there, kept a good core of players with some very good additions

Swarley

Now that is a blow. He again won them the league with his saves. Netties of his calibre in this league are hard to find like Carruth.
Belfast will need a real good recruitment drive at this rate.
Belfast will probably be sniffing around Carruth and if the money is right that'll probably be the key to then getting a clean sweep season tbh